44 replies to this topic

#16 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

I posted this under a seperate one, but it should really go here. Sorry for the confusion.

BUCKEYE UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
Message sent - 2/2/2009
Feb. 2 Incident

Good Evening, this is Terry Wenig, Superintendent of the Buckeye Union School District. I want to share information with you about an incident that occurred earlier today as it relates to the safety of all students. This morning a 13-year old Camerado Springs female student was walking to school on Greenwood Lane and was approached by a man. According to the reports, a white male driving a dark blue Mustang drove up next to the student and started talking to her. He then stopped his car and started to run after the young girl. She was able to get to her home and was not harmed. The man is described as a white male between the ages of 25 and 30. He is of slight build and was clean-shaven. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black hooded sweatshirt and a dark-colored baseball cap. His vehicle is described as a dark blue Mustang convertible. The convertible top is black and the back window is tinted. Our utmost concern is the safety of our students.
We are working in cooperation with the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office who has issued a press release. You may find a copy of this press release on our website: www.buckeyeusd.org and go to the “Emergency Information” tab on the left side of the homepage.
We encourage you to discuss this with your children and to review with them all aspects of maintaining their personal safety including avoiding communication and conversation with strangers. Again, the safety of students is of utmost importance in the Buckeye Union School District. If we obtain any additional information, we will be in contact with you through our emergency phone system, written communication, or our website.

#17 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (palango @ Feb 3 2009, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I posted this under a seperate one, but it should really go here. Sorry for the confusion.

BUCKEYE UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
Message sent - 2/2/2009
Feb. 2 Incident

Good Evening, this is Terry Wenig, Superintendent of the Buckeye Union School District. I want to share information with you about an incident that occurred earlier today as it relates to the safety of all students. This morning a 13-year old Camerado Springs female student was walking to school on Greenwood Lane and was approached by a man. According to the reports, a white male driving a dark blue Mustang drove up next to the student and started talking to her. He then stopped his car and started to run after the young girl. She was able to get to her home and was not harmed. The man is described as a white male between the ages of 25 and 30. He is of slight build and was clean-shaven. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black hooded sweatshirt and a dark-colored baseball cap. His vehicle is described as a dark blue Mustang convertible. The convertible top is black and the back window is tinted. Our utmost concern is the safety of our students.
We are working in cooperation with the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office who has issued a press release. You may find a copy of this press release on our website: www.buckeyeusd.org and go to the “Emergency Information” tab on the left side of the homepage.
We encourage you to discuss this with your children and to review with them all aspects of maintaining their personal safety including avoiding communication and conversation with strangers. Again, the safety of students is of utmost importance in the Buckeye Union School District. If we obtain any additional information, we will be in contact with you through our emergency phone system, written communication, or our website.

After reading this--I went back and re-read about the 3 attempted kidnappings in Rancho Cordova.

One similarity.

All 4 cases involved a green vehicle.

However the three boys said a green sedan--and the girl from Cameron Park said a green mustang--convertible.

Could this be the same person?

Seems really desperate.

kinda scary.

#18 bunny

bunny

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (supermom @ Feb 3 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However the three boys said a green sedan--and the girl from Cameron Park said a green mustang--convertible.

It was a blue mustang according to the article, not green.

Dude might be a dangerous creep. He might also have just stopped to ask her for directions and she might have wised off to him and he hopped out of his car just to scare her. Some kids have a pretty big mouth. It'd be a lot more mature to just drive away, but a lot of people are a little high strung.

Might be just a minor incident that was blown way out of proportion.

Which would be much preferable to some predator chasing after our kids.

So maybe we oughta hold our fire until the other side of the story becomes available and maybe a trial or some other crazy process takes place? wink.gif

#19 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (bunny @ Feb 3 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude might be a dangerous creep. He might also have just stopped to ask her for directions and she might have wised off to him and he hopped out of his car just to scare her. Some kids have a pretty big mouth. It'd be a lot more mature to just drive away, but a lot of people are a little high strung.

So maybe we oughta hold our fire until the other side of the story becomes available and maybe a trial or some other crazy process takes place? wink.gif

Ah--now I know where I got the "green"

The incident in Cameron Park took place near "Greenwood"--not green vehicle.

Wondering why they seemed related.

Still, though---wondering if it could be the same person--different vehicle?

White could be hispanic.....

especially with adrenaline running--the age of the kids involved--leaves much to be desired by the police for giving good descriptions.

And Bunny--I get what your saying, but this does bear watching.

I'm not placing blame, I'm conversing about 4 police reports on attempted kidnapping.

This is worrisome.

#20 maggiesmom

maggiesmom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (supermom @ Feb 3 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah--now I know where I got the "green"

The incident in Cameron Park took place near "Greenwood"--not green vehicle.

Wondering why they seemed related.

Still, though---wondering if it could be the same person--different vehicle?

White could be hispanic.....

especially with adrenaline running--the age of the kids involved--leaves much to be desired by the police for giving good descriptions.

And Bunny--I get what your saying, but this does bear watching.

I'm not placing blame, I'm conversing about 4 police reports on attempted kidnapping.

This is worrisome.

I agree--it is worrisome. I hate hearing about this stuff and I hate that it happens!!!

#21 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (bunny @ Feb 3 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK so did anybody else see the interview with this girl last night on Fox40 news? Not that I fully don't believe her or am for anybody trying to kidnap somebody but this girl was dressed like a $4 hooker.

Perhaps all 13 yr old girls dress like that? I mean daisy duke shorts riding up her butt, 3 sizes too small tank top, and it looked like she was wearing 3 or 4 bras from the # of bra straps you could see. And the makeup, oh the makeup. This is proper school attire? Horrible.

BTW they said she was late to school and walking to get there, that's why she was in that place at that time. Thanks for the ride mom.

Then she said she was going to call the cops when the dude pulled up but she said she forgot her phone. Are you freaking kidding me? A 13 yr forgets her phone? She'd sooner leave her brain behind than forget her phone.

I think it's quite possible this story has an air of embellishment to it, possibly brought on by the "victim."
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#22 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Feb 3 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK so did anybody else see the interview with this girl last night on Fox40 news? Not that I fully don't believe her or am for anybody trying to kidnap somebody but this girl was dressed like a $4 hooker.

Perhaps all 13 yr old girls dress like that? I mean daisy duke shorts riding up her butt, 3 sizes too small tank top, and it looked like she was wearing 3 or 4 bras from the # of bra straps you could see. And the makeup, oh the makeup. This is proper school attire? Horrible.

BTW they said she was late to school and walking to get there, that's why she was in that place at that time. Thanks for the ride mom.

Then she said she was going to call the cops when the dude pulled up but she said she forgot her phone. Are you freaking kidding me? A 13 yr forgets her phone? She'd sooner leave her brain behind than forget her phone.

I think it's quite possible this story has an air of embellishment to it, possibly brought on by the "victim."

old schooler----***sigh***

one of the "fashions" among most age groups of girls ranging from 8 years old and up--right now---is young ladies wearing multiple cami's layered. So, I can see how you might think they are bra straps--if that is all your experience in ladies wear is-----but I find it curious how you quickly jumped to that conclusion---especially with a young lady that young.

And yeah, I don't like the idea of 13 year olds wearing make-up to school---but they do, and they are young---and thus their inexperience means they have not perfected making the application of make-up appear natural---yet.

And when you are running late--out the door--you have never forgotten your cell? What about when you were her age? How many things did you forget to take/do in the mornings--before school?

I know my soon to be 13 year old daughter forgets at least one thing--every morning.
The difference? I CAN-take her to school. Not all parents can. Some parents have to rely on their kids to either wait at the bus or get to school on their own.

This is not the first time I have seen you refer to young girls with these ugly names.
Not appropriate.
Please consider that.

#23 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (supermom @ Feb 3 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

one of the "fashions" among most age groups of girls ranging from 8 years old and up--right now---is young ladies wearing multiple cami's layered. So, I can see how you might think they are bra straps--if that is all your experience in ladies wear is-----but I find it curious how you quickly jumped to that conclusion---especially with a young lady that young.

And yeah, I don't like the idea of 13 year olds wearing make-up to school---but they do, and they are young---and thus their inexperience means they have not perfected making the application of make-up appear natural---yet.

And when you are running late--out the door--you have never forgotten your cell? What about when you were her age? How many things did you forget to take/do in the mornings--before school?

I know my soon to be 13 year old daughter forgets at least one thing--every morning.
The difference? I CAN-take her to school. Not all parents can. Some parents have to rely on their kids to either wait at the bus or get to school on their own.

This is not the first time I have seen you refer to young girls with these ugly names.
Not appropriate.
Please consider that.

Sorry, first impression is the one that sticks. Call it like I see it no matter what the fashion trend of the day is. If they all dress like that then I'll call it like that, plain and simple. And there's a difference between being an "old schooler" and knowing what is respectable clothing for school. Her parents have failed her here.

Are you telling me ALL girls that age are like that? I highly doubt it but they also had the Mom on there for a second and she looked like she was amp'd up on crack but I won't go there, it may be inappropriate right?

#24 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

I don't buy the "fashion trend" excuse for Prostitots. It just aint right.

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#25 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Feb 3 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't buy the "fashion trend" excuse for Prostitots. It just aint right.

"Work in progress, & Good to go"

I am totally amazed at how you find the pictures you post on here.

And if I had a daughter and she bought that shirt, we would have a nice little chat and a shirt burning ceremony.
I would rather be Backpacking

#26 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (supermom @ Feb 3 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not appropriate.
Please consider that.

I agree, inappropriate! rolleyes.gif
<3

#27 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Andrea V @ Feb 3 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, inappropriate! rolleyes.gif

Wow, that's a shock.

#28 Nancy

Nancy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

The police are definitely actively looking for the guy. My husband's mustang fits most of the description. He's not young or slender, but the police came to his work to talk to him.

I hope they find this guy soon and get some answers.

#29 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Nancy @ Feb 3 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The police are definitely actively looking for the guy. My husband's mustang fits most of the description. He's not young or slender, but the police came to his work to talk to him.

I hope they find this guy soon and get some answers.

Wow.

That must've been scary.

#30 Nancy

Nancy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

Probably more surprising than anything. smile.gif They just took his contact information and asked him some questions. One of his good friends was a sheriff's deputy for several years, so talking to the cops doesn't freak him out too much.

In hindsight I probably should have told him that they were looking for a guy driving a car like his so he wouldn't be surprised if they came to ask him questions. (sorry honey..) rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users