1 reply to this topic

#1 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:24 AM

So I already have a solar heater for the pool, but want to add a variable speed pump for the filter. I want the solar controller to control not only the valve for the roof panels, but the needed increase in speed of the VSP automatically.

Does anyone have a setup they use and/or could recommend?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#2 Rejiggered

Rejiggered

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:50 AM

We had a Pentair VSP installed last year (look for rebates). I think it's the one at the link below. It, the booster pump for pool sweep, and the solar are all hooked up to a SunTouch controller. It works reasonably well. The SunTouch is somewhat infuriating to use because the awful user interface (lots menu diving and button clicks). But once it's set up, it does it's thing and you don't often have to deal with it. The SunTouch talks to the VSP to ramp up the speed as needed, to run the solar and pool sweep for example. Otherwise it runs in low-speed which is amazingly quiet.

https://pentairpool....able speed pump

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users