9 replies to this topic

#1 FrankExchange

FrankExchange

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

I have a radiator pulled out of my Mercedes but am not sure where to get rid of it.

Called Riebes and they had no idea - looking for a place just to drop it off.

Cheers & TIA
Ad Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

#2 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Toss it off of Rainbow bridge.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#3 FrankExchange

FrankExchange

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Jul 23 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toss it off of Rainbow bridge.

LOL - yer killin me...Hey I know you come with me and watch for the cops.
Ad Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

#4 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

My husband thinks if it's emptied you can have the city pick it up as part of a large waste pick-up. He has one in the garage he needs to get rid of, too. We need to call the city to verify if they'll take it.

NOPE -- Checked the city's website and car parts are not accepted. So we called Auto Zone to see if they recycled them. A guy there told me that if you can knock the plastic off of it, you can recycle it at Reynold's Aluminum Recycling on Power Inn Road and they'll pay you around $40 for it.

Edit: Can't find it in the Yellow Pages, but he says that's where he goes. Didn't know an address.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#5 FrankExchange

FrankExchange

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Deb B @ Jul 23 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My husband thinks if it's emptied you can have the city pick it up as part of a large waste pick-up. He has one in the garage he needs to get rid of, too. We need to call the city to verify if they'll take it.

NOPE -- Checked the city's website and car parts are not accepted. So we called Auto Zone to see if they recycled them. A guy there told me that if you can knock the plastic off of it, you can recycle it at Reynold's Aluminum Recycling on Power Inn Road and they'll pay you around $40 for it.

Edit: Can't find it in the Yellow Pages, but he says that's where he goes. Didn't know an address.

Thanks Deb - I'll check it out. smile.gif
Ad Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

#6 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

Looks like this place does: http://www.recycleci...z/services.html .
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#7 Oso

Oso

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

I'd like to refresh this old topic.

I replaced the radiator in my wife's car yesterday. It was very easy, even for my first time. The replacement took only 90 minutes or so including cleanup.

Now the hardest part seems to be what I should do with the old radiator. The fluids are easy, but the radiator itself seems more difficult than I was expecting.

Any experience to share from someone who has already figured out the best way to dispose of an old radiator in Folsom?  Thanks!

#8 zook

zook

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

Stuff it in the recycle bin? Its all metal and plastic.

#9 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

What is your goal? Do you which to save the planet and recycle it? Do you just want it gone? I don't see any regulation that prevents you from putting it in the standard garbage can assuming its drained of fluid. Its not hazardous to anyone.

-Robert

#10 Oso

Oso

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

I guess I'm about 70% want to get rid of it. 30% save the planet.

I thought I had read once that the city does not allow car parts as part of the normal trash pickup.

Maybe I was wrong to think that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users