6 replies to this topic

#1 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

Anyone know how to get rid of obnoxious mocking birds? We have one in a tree outside our bedroom and it sings non-stop probably about 18 hours a day.... In particular between 1am and 5am....

Tried a fake owl, tried spraying it with water... Stubborn noisy lil buggers

#2 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:32 PM

Try this:

http://www.wild-bird...inging-at-night

Edit:  I don't know why when I post this, it deletes some of the link, but try typing in

wild bird watching.com/singing at night

If that fails, just google it -- that's how I found the information.  (Oh, well)

#3 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

try to whistle like a hawk. or-if you are desperate... put several fake snakes in spot where bird normally sits and squawks...or a scare crow... or a smoke machine

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

Anyone know how to get rid of obnoxious mocking birds? We have one in a tree outside our bedroom and it sings non-stop probably about 18 hours a day.... In particular between 1am and 5am....

Tried a fake owl, tried spraying it with water... Stubborn noisy lil buggers

The Mocking Bird is really a pest in our back yard too, along with the Scrub Jays.

I put meal worms out in a bowl on the ground, near my back door for the Phoebe, Tit-Mouse, Bewick's Wren and the Yellow-Rumped Warbler.

The problem I have is with the Mocking Birds and Jays. They come in an scare the others away.

If I have the worms out, I have to be there to scare those birds off so my pet birds can get them.

Keeps me busy.... Something to do.  Yes, I enjoy it.

When I can't watch them, I cover the bowl.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

Where can u buy meal worms

#6 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:36 PM

lowes, pet store, fish/bait store....some grocery stores.

meal worms these days are costly.

As Camay stated- to keep the Blue jays from eating it so that other birds get a chance- you must be vigilant

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

Where can u buy meal worms

I will get back to you later. I won't forget. I get them very cheap and purchase 5,000 at a time.

I don't pay $10.00 for 500 worms like most people do at the bird stores around here.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users