4 replies to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

How do you find out if a property owner has a permit for work they are doing on a piece of property (residential)?

What kind of licences for construction is necessary by law- for contractors or owner employees-when entering a tenant held property?

Can an owner knock on your door every single day just to see if you are there?

Can an owner knock on your door and demand you fix his networking on his personal computer while he works on projects outside the house? Can the tenant threaten to evict you if you do not fix his internet issues? Example: "Bring your teenage son outside to fix my computer or I'm going to evict you"

#2 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

Call the building dept to see if they have a permit

#3 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

https://permits.fols...ovBP/index.html

Search by address.

Contractor licensing requirements are the same regardless of it being a rental property.  The rental aspects are only that the renter is given a certain amount of notice that work needs to be done and accomodations are made, if needed (like if you can't use the kitchen for 2 weeks).

Yes. I don't believe there are any laws against knocking on your door unless it is harassment and, unless there is some other agreement already in place, they should just out of courtesy to let you know they are on the property.

No. You have no obligation to repair his computer. No, he can't evict you for not fixing his computer if you are in a lease and have not violated any of the terms.  That said, if you are not in an active lease, they can give you proper notifications to vacate for any reason.

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#4 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

How do you find out if a property owner has a permit for work they are doing on a piece of property (residential)?

What kind of licences for construction is necessary by law- for contractors or owner employees-when entering a tenant held property?

Can an owner knock on your door every single day just to see if you are there?

Can an owner knock on your door and demand you fix his networking on his personal computer while he works on projects outside the house? Can the tenant threaten to evict you if you do not fix his internet issues? Example: "Bring your teenage son outside to fix my computer or I'm going to evict you"

Rather than make a legal issue out of it; why not ask your son to take a look at his computer?

-Robert

#5 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

because we should not have to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users