34 replies to this topic

#31 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Ralph Lauren pays big money to sponsor the US Olympic Team. He is the sponsor who provides the uniforms through 2010 by contract. Virtually everything Ralph Lauren/Polo makes is made in China or other Southeast Asian countries. I don't know why it came as such a surprise that the uniforms this year were made in China. It did not seem to occur to the US Olympic Committee that it was a problem. It was only when the media played it up that it became a big deal.

#32 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Does anyone know if Coldwater Creek is all Made in the USA or if it's just some are and some are not?
It seems things I buy there last a long time.

No, Coldwater Creek clothing is not made in the USA. According to a website that talks about their history, the company's vendor list had grown from only a handful of suppliers to more than 400 manufacturers. But it doesn't list the locations of the suppliers.

So.....I went and looked at labels in my closet....China, Macua (China) , Indonesia & Malaysia. I found no CC labels showing "made in the USA".

#33 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

No, Coldwater Creek clothing is not made in the USA. According to a website that talks about their history, the company's vendor list had grown from only a handful of suppliers to more than 400 manufacturers. But it doesn't list the locations of the suppliers.

So.....I went and looked at labels in my closet....China, Macua (China) , Indonesia & Malaysia. I found no CC labels showing "made in the USA".

You're right. I went in my closet and found the same. The only Made in USA label I found was one top from Chico's. I've had it for about three years now and have worn it often.

The Loft, Coldwater Creek, Jones New York, Nine West, Ellen Tracy all made in other countries. Levi's made in China. Other labels were Bangldesh, Vietnam, India, Mariana Islands.

I just think that's sad.

#34 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

one wonders if/ when a time will come when political borders cease to exist. perhaps that will be the final chance for humans to define an equitable and incorruptible system of governance that will persist for ages to come. perhaps global economic diversity is a step in that direction.

probably not, but one is allowed to dream.

#35 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

one wonders if/ when a time will come when political borders cease to exist. perhaps that will be the final chance for humans to define an equitable and incorruptible system of governance that will persist for ages to come. perhaps global economic diversity is a step in that direction.

probably not, but one is allowed to dream.

that is utopian. nice thought, but not facing hte realities of humans. we have one government in California, yet I wouldn't use the words, "equitable and incorruptable" to define our state government.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users