38 replies to this topic

#31 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

they said the co-pilot was courteous at the start of the flight then became "curt" when the pilot started going over the landing procedures, a standard operation.  I think he knew they weren't going to land and his plan was coming into play then.  he was resolved.  it would be painless to die that way, but he died long ago.  what a shrub.

there are reports now that he suspended his training to be a pilot for six weeks when he suffered from depression and "burn out."  so suicide sounds highly probable.  definitely a shrub.  major shrub.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#32 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

A torn medical leave notice was found in the waste bin at the co-pilot's apartment. So, a doctor had determined he should not be flying, but Lubitz didn't submit it to his employer. The note did not indicate whether the issue was physical or psychological.

I'm all for right to privacy, but if a doctor determines someone shouldn't work and that person's work potentially puts the well-being or lives of others at risk, perhaps doctors should be mandated to report the leave (not necessarily the confidential reason) directly to the employer.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#33 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:04 AM

So now we hear that he told his girlfriend he was planning an unforgettable event. That makes not just a desperate depressed person trying to kill themself, but a cold blooded calculated selfish murder suicide by an egotistical loser.

#34 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

So now we hear that he told his girlfriend he was planning an unforgettable event. That makes not just a desperate depressed person trying to kill themself, but a cold blooded calculated selfish murder suicide by an egotistical loser.

It seems hard to believe that he made a spontaneous decision in the air to crash the plane, as opposed to planning to do so.

#35 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

It seems hard to believe that he made a spontaneous decision in the air to crash the plane, as opposed to planning to do so.

i think he knew he had a diagnosed mental illness (he even went to a second doctor for another opinion) that would make him lose his pilot's license and that his sole purpose in life, his identity, would be gone so he was mad at the world and thought, screw you all, I'm ending it in a spectacular way that will make you remember my name.

#36 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:21 AM

I wonder if every doctor he saw knew he was a pilot. He could have lied about his profession to prevent notification to authorities.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#37 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

His girlfriend dumped him the day before he crashed the plane. 

#38 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:50 PM

he was also on antidepressants and was having vision problems.  I hadn't heard about being dumped by his girlfriend.

#39 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

MORE

I was watching CNN this morning and they showed that there is an override code that the Captain

could type into a pad outside the cockpit to get back in. The problem is that the co-pilot can cancel

it from inside. So far they don't know if the pilot type in a code or just banged on the door to get in.

I sent the following to CNN & FOX news.

Dear FOX news.

I have been wondering forever why they don't have a toilet inside the pilot's cabin so they do not have to go outside the cabin to go to the toilet.

I would like to see this answered. I know that there is limited space inside the cabin put they should have an emergency toilet so the pilot does not have to leave the cabin.

Thanks.

http://www.cnn.com/2...main/index.html

pilots usually sleep -not in the cockpit. it would be unrealistic to set up an apartment for pilots on every plane.  However some of the large intercontinental planes do have an upstairs resting area for staff. 

its just a crapshot in the dark which planes could possibly be targeted by a terrorist. I dont think it feasible to put toilets in the cockpits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users