• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:34 AM

This is unbelievable, first the guy is grossly over paid @ 275k a year - which is even higher then the highest salary the California GOVERNOR could ever make which would be 206k (if Arnie took the pay which he doesn't), then he runs up expenses totaling over a half a million (a year) and now they place him on paid leave - could his job get any better?

This is why cities are running out of money and laying off dozens of employees, because of greedy stupid people like this who are just raping their communities with their greed.

This article below from the Sacramento Pravda does not give all the details, I saw a better report on this on the news last night, did anyone else catch it?

Roseville city manager Robinson placed on leave

Roseville city manager Craig Robinson was placed on paid leave after a closed-session performance review Wednesday afternoon, with his return uncertain.

Robinson — a 20-year Roseville employee, including six years as city manager since February 2003 — was not available for comment Wednesday night. But he detailed in a letter to city employees that he will "no longer be the manager" of the 113,000-population community, the third-largest in the Sacramento region.

The City Council placed Robinson on paid leave after a one-hour closed-door meeting, the second such meeting with city leaders in the past six days, city spokeswoman Megan MacPherson.

She would not comment on why Robinson was placed on paid leave, but added "there was no criminal wrongdoing."

Robinson, a longtime Roseville resident, will continue to receive his $273,000 salary and benefits. Robinson had his last review in April, and his contract ends in March, MacPherson said.

The next meeting to determine Robinson's future is at the "discretion of the City Council," MacPherson said. "It's all on the Council's timeline."

The city, like many nationwide, has been battling a budget crunch, with a general fund of $110 million this year, compared to $129 million last year, MacPherson said.

The city has issued 19 layoffs, its first-ever downsizing, and 80 employees accepted buyouts in recent months. Roseville has about 1,200 employees.

"We are in the midst of a reorganization effort," MacPherson said.

The City Council was discussing utility rates late Wednesday, and city councilmembers were not available for immediate comment.

Robinson has headed the fast-growing city during the boom times in recent years and now as the city faces the worst recession since the Great Depression, with commercial and residential real estate values sliding and sales-tax revenue tumbling.

Robinson e-mailed a five-paragraph goodbye letter to city employees late Wednesday.

"This afternoon, the City Council met in closed session and made a decision to ask me to step down as the Roseville city manager. I have full respect for their authority and as of this afternoon, I will no longer be the manager," according to the letter. "Serving as the Roseville city manager has been a dream come true for me. Since my sophomore year in college, I envisioned a career as a public administrator. Never did I imagine that I would have the privilege and opportunity to serve in such a special place with such amazing co-workers. Roseville is truly the best city in the state of California and I have been blessed to have served this organization for the past 20 years."

Roseville assistant city manager Mike Shellito, who also serves as community services director, will take over city manager duties during Robinson's leave.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#2 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

I'm in the wrong business sad.gif
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#3 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

So can you blame the guy for taking that huge salary? Of course what he does isn't worth that much but on the news report last night they said the Board voted to give him a RAISE about a year ago from like 235k to 275k because they thought he was under-paid.

It all isn't his fault if the board was stupid enough to do that.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Oct 8 2009, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So can you blame the guy for taking that huge salary? Of course what he does isn't worth that much but on the news report last night they said the Board voted to give him a RAISE about a year ago from like 235k to 275k because they thought he was under-paid.

It all isn't his fault if the board was stupid enough to do that.

stupid is as stupid does, can't blame him for taking the extra money.. but I do wonder what compelled the board to think he needed the extra money especially since its obvious they were not satisfied with his work

#5 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:21 AM

I don't blame him at all. I'm jealous of him! Anyone know his phone #? I'd like to call and get some career tips!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#6 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (davburr @ Oct 8 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stupid is as stupid does, can't blame him for taking the extra money.. but I do wonder what compelled the board to think he needed the extra money especially since its obvious they were not satisfied with his work

You were you around when our city council hired our previous city manager? They hired them with NO experience and made them the highest paid in the region, higher than Roseville.

#7 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (Robert Giacometti @ Oct 8 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You were you around when our city council hired our previous city manager? They hired them with NO experience and made them the highest paid in the region, higher than Roseville.

rolleyes.gif

#8 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:19 AM

Cmon, NO experience? I find that hard to believe.

#9 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:45 AM

I was thinking about that when I saw this article on the news last night

I'm in need of a job, I wonder if Roseville is accepting applications yet?

#10 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Oct 8 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No one has ever discovered any experience working as a City Manager before being hired by Folsom at the highest salary in the region, according to the Sac Bee.

#11 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Oct 8 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its all about who you know... more then knowledge and experience

#12 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

The city manager has resigned, I think. He was getting $275,000 a year plus benefits. If I am not mistaken he was also getting around half a million a year in benefits. Thought I heard that on the news last night. Don't know if I heard correctly or not.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#13 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (davburr @ Oct 8 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its all about who you know... more then knowledge and experience

Was he the CEO of a large company? I mean there can't be that many guys who have "Large City Manager" on their resume so they would have to rely on other experience they've had in business that would be useful in managing the city operations.

#14 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Oct 8 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was he the CEO of a large company? I mean there can't be that many guys who have "Large City Manager" on their resume so they would have to rely on other experience they've had in business that would be useful in managing the city operations.

I could understand hiring somone without experience to be an Assistant City Manger or hiring an experienced Assistant Manager to become a City manager, but in either case I wouldn't make them the highest paid in the region.

Its only our tax dollars that were squandered away with this agenda and we all know about the results.

#15 irish1

irish1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (camay2327 @ Oct 8 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The city manager has resigned, I think. He was getting $275,000 a year plus benefits. If I am not mistaken he was also getting around half a million a year in benefits. Thought I heard that on the news last night. Don't know if I heard correctly or not.

I believe his salary was stated to be $275k per year, plus benefits paid on his behalf. When all added together - all being totalled - comes in about $500k per year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users