ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Oct 9 2008, 02:21 PM) View Post
I did find the article kind of crazy.

4 guys out on administrative leave from 4 different investigations, but then they only elaborate on one of them.

I have long suspected that Folsom PD had issues.

The article raises more questions than it answers.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#32 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Oct 9 2008, 02:32 PM) View Post

let's face it, this article can scarcely (if at all) even be called an article. There is so little news in it, it should be relegated to the status of a Spicy restaurant review

smile.gif

Posted Image

#33 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Oct 9 2008, 02:32 PM) View Post

It's so fortunate this community has you to keep on top of these issues.
We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

#34 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(jafount @ Oct 9 2008, 02:46 PM) View Post
It's so fortunate this community has you to keep on top of these issues.

Why do you say that?

I agree that the article leaves more questions. Frankly, it was either poorly written, written quickly to meet a time line or there really is a reason to believe that there are 4 internal police investigations going on. Seems like a lot, for a 6 month time interval.

I wonder if the reason why there is a a delay in the "surrender" from march to september, is because the police officer was under investigation and was asked to turn himself in after the findings found reason for possible termination? Does that happen often with the way police internal investigations happen?

#35 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

I'll agree that there isn't really much to the story. It's sort of like the "teaser" ads they run for the news....but then there wasn't anything to follow it up with.

Personally, I'll reserve drawing conclusions until the whole thing shakes out. The few experiences I've had with the Folsom PD have been uniformly positive. I've found them to be responsive and professional and I truly appreciate their service to the community.

#36 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

Hey....times are tough for public workers. Maybe he was selling the stuff to make ends meet?

#37 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(Revolutionist @ Oct 9 2008, 02:35 PM) View Post
let's face it, this article can scarcely (if at all) even be called an article. There is so little news in it, it should be relegated to the status of a Spicy restaurant review

smile.gif

Its a teaser. They should have a full article tomorrow. Personally I hope they throw the book at these guys. They totally violated the public trust.

#38 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Robert Gary @ Oct 9 2008, 10:36 PM) View Post
Its a teaser. They should have a full article tomorrow. Personally I hope they throw the book at these guys. They totally violated the public trust.

Yep, I've been totally violated because I trust the cops to leave dirty grease alone. wacko.gif
I would rather be Backpacking

#39 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Robert Gary @ Oct 9 2008, 10:36 PM) View Post

How?

We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

#40 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Oct 9 2008, 11:51 PM) View Post
Yep, I've been totally violated because I trust the cops to leave dirty grease alone. wacko.gif

heh if taking a pile of used grease gets people upset - just imagine how badly they'd freak out if they ever found out what our corrupt politicians are doing at our tax payer expense

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#41 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(jafount @ Oct 10 2008, 12:06 AM) View Post
How?

I think its ridiculous that this is even being pursued - just have the guy give the used grease back or pay $ to the recycling company

btw, I talked to a restaurant owner last night about this and I find it very very hard to believe the used grease was worth any more then $100 at the MOST!

This story is being grossly over exaggerated because it turns out many restaurants give the grease away but I'm finding out that the Sacramento Rendering Co is trying to squash all other recyclers and corner the bio diesel market with some rather aggressive and questionable tactics - such as this bs with reporting theft.

Unless the Sacramento Rendering Company can prove they pay Malabar $350 a week for their used oil, I call BS

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#42 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Oct 10 2008, 08:33 AM) View Post
heh if taking a pile of used grease gets people upset - just imagine how badly they'd freak out if they ever found out what our corrupt politicians are doing at our tax payer expense

agreed, raping us for 700 billion to bail out rich fat cats wasn't good enough to pass on it's own merits, congress had to rape us for another 100 billion in special earmarks to make it palatable to their senses.
I would rather be Backpacking

#43 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Oct 10 2008, 08:41 AM) View Post
Unless the Sacramento Rendering Company can prove they pay Malabar $350 a week for their used oil, I call BS

Or $150 for the grease, $100 for the labor, truck, gas, etc. to pick it up, $100 to process it and sell for $350 as biofuel/product.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#44 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Oct 10 2008, 08:41 AM) View Post
I think its ridiculous that this is even being pursued - just have the guy give the used grease back or pay $ to the recycling company

btw, I talked to a restaurant owner last night about this and I find it very very hard to believe the used grease was worth any more then $100 at the MOST!

This story is being grossly over exaggerated because it turns out many restaurants give the grease away but I'm finding out that the Sacramento Rendering Co is trying to squash all other recyclers and corner the bio diesel market with some rather aggressive and questionable tactics - such as this bs with reporting theft.

Exactly my point, Dave. It's used grease for Christ's sake. I'd bet that up until verrrry recently, restaurants had to pay to have it hauled away.

#45 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(jafount @ Oct 10 2008, 12:06 AM) View Post
How?

Stealing is stealing. They knew they were doing something illegal, they knew they were entrusted with the public trust, they knew that they were the ones who are responsible for preventing this from happening. Would you still think it was nothing if they were stealing candy bars at the liquor store too? Are you giving license to our law enforcement to commit small crimes?

-Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users