103 replies to this topic

#91 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Well, actually you made the 11% and highest state tax argument, not me. Like Benning, just trying to get facts out. Believe it's too much tax or not enough, that's up to you. Just don't start accusing me "you dems and libs" when you don't speak for me. I DON'T want to raise taxes. Don't tell me I do or act like you know me because you don't.

As for why other state tax less, I don't know. Neither do I know why TurboTax has the effective state rate at 11%. I am not an economist or CPA.

And I said "pretty sure" which is not an absolute by any means. Anyway, it is 11% for the million and over so I was not incorrect. And for me, my CA state rate is 11% every year on Turbo Tax (Premium edition, stocks, options, real estate....) for some odd reason? Must be because I'm one of those "evil" stock pickers who makes a pretty good chunk of change doing that so I must be "punished" by my state and federal government....! Reward failure and punish success is the democrat party motto I am sure in this day and age....! Not millions by any means but can go over the 200K-250K on any given year so I must be in that evil 1 or 2% you dems keep talking about....? Why is it that I had to borrow from myself (401K) to keep my two sons in college....? Not talking Harvard or MIT here..... Just a CSU and a JC for now.... I'd like to see you guys address that or do you want to ignore again..? Remember, guys like me are the ones who pay the biggest burden of taxes and you want to raise the anty again...? I told you already, my back is breaking under this load, any more taxes and you kill the golden goose (me).....! Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#92 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

California also has a bunch of hidden taxes called "fees." Want to get pissed? Buy a new vehicle, pay the 500.00 dollars registration, and then have a guy with Oregon plates on a nicer vehicle than yours ask you how much you paid...then laugh and tell you he paid 32.00.
How is it other states manage without taking massive amounts of money from their citizens?
That is the question to ask...
I guess they aren't the leading welfare state, or maybe they don't waste billions of dollars on stupid garbage like bullet trains or public employee retirement padding.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#93 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Yeah, you’re right. We shouldn’t ever say anything against Obama, since Bush was never “bashed” nor has Mitt ever been bashed.
Yeah.....
:wacko:

I have said things 'against' lots of people but believe it is very important to use facts to make my case. Both sides get bashed and I support questioning the status quo but with the credibility that comes with facts and logic.
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#94 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

And I said "pretty sure" which is not an absolute by any means. Anyway, it is 11% for the million and over so I was not incorrect. And for me, my CA state rate is 11% every year on Turbo Tax (Premium edition, stocks, options, real estate....) for some odd reason? Must be because I'm one of those "evil" stock pickers who makes a pretty good chunk of change doing that so I must be "punished" by my state and federal government....! Reward failure and punish success is the democrat party motto I am sure in this day and age....! Not millions by any means but can go over the 200K-250K on any given year so I must be in that evil 1 or 2% you dems keep talking about....? Why is it that I had to borrow from myself (401K) to keep my two sons in college....? Not talking Harvard or MIT here..... Just a CSU and a JC for now.... I'd like to see you guys address that or do you want to ignore again..? Remember, guys like me are the ones who pay the biggest burden of taxes and you want to raise the anty again...? I told you already, my back is breaking under this load, any more taxes and you kill the golden goose (me).....! Chris

No, you were and are incorrect. The highest income tax bracket in California is 10.3%. Your 11% rate apparently isn't just income tax.

I told you already, I don't want to raise taxes, so stop saying that I do.

p.s. - You didn't "have to" borrow from yourself. That was an option you chose.

#95 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

Like I said before, never let facts get in the way of Obama bashing.

where have you been the last 3+ years...?

this guy is the worst and most divisive president ever...

wake up

#96 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

California also has a bunch of hidden taxes called "fees." Want to get pissed? Buy a new vehicle, pay the 500.00 dollars registration, and then have a guy with Oregon plates on a nicer vehicle than yours ask you how much you paid...then laugh and tell you he paid 32.00.
How is it other states manage without taking massive amounts of money from their citizens?
That is the question to ask...
I guess they aren't the leading welfare state, or maybe they don't waste billions of dollars on stupid garbage like bullet trains or public employee retirement padding.

BINGO!

#97 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

I must be in that evil 1 or 2% you dems keep talking about....?

This got me curious as to the income of the "1%ers" and I found this:
"$343,927 was the minimum AGI to be included, on average, Top 1-percenters made $960,000."
(http://money.cnn.com...ncome/index.htm)

#98 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

This got me curious as to the income of the "1%ers" and I found this:
"$343,927 was the minimum AGI to be included, on average, Top 1-percenters made $960,000."
(http://money.cnn.com...ncome/index.htm)

Interesting.

The article Robert posted said it will be the 2-percenters who will actually end up paying, not just the 1-percenters.
Those figures are $200,000 ($250,000 couple.) It also says it doesn't account for
inflation so more and more people will be caught up in the tax.

#99 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

Interesting.

The article Robert posted said it will be the 2-percenters who will actually end up paying, not just the 1-percenters.
Those figures are $200,000 ($250,000 couple.) It also says it doesn't account for
inflation so more and more people will be caught up in the tax.

The top 2% are not job creators or millionaires, as claimed by both Romney and Obama. They aren't the rock stars of their professions, nor are they the wildly successful big business owners. They are just people who do well in their professions.

#100 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

The top 2% are not job creators or millionaires, as claimed by both Romney and Obama. They aren't the rock stars of their professions, nor are they the wildly successful big business owners. They are just people who do well in their professions.

Exactly. That's why I found your post interesting. That's not the perception that is being portrayed at all.

#101 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Exactly. That's why I found your post interesting. That's not the perception that is being portrayed at all.

Wow there is a big difference between 99% and 99.9%! Much more so than from 98% to 99%. Perhaps the rally call should be ".1%ers"

#102 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Wow there is a big difference between 99% and 99.9%! Much more so than from 98% to 99%. Perhaps the rally call should be ".1%ers"

I'm not sure I understand ???

#103 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'm not sure I understand ???

Well, if you "only" need $343,927 to be in the top 1%, but the average of that 1% is $950,000 it shows that the difference between 1% and 0% (top earners) is huge, versus the $143,927 difference between 2% and 1%.

Sorry, a tangent off-topic.

#104 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Let's get rid of this myth about taxing the rich and it making many difference....

Buffett Rule or No Buffett Rule, the Rich Just Don’t Have Enough Money

http://voices.yahoo.com/buffett-rule-no-buffett-rule-rich-just-dont-11258832.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users