• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 sacramentotmt

sacramentotmt

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Home and business moving, local and long distance moving, as well as packing. Local charities are a big priority.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Sacramento has many chain restaurants but if you know the city you will know where to find the great restaurants. Here are a few local eateries I like:

Sushi Hook (Howe Ave)
Tapa The World (J Street)
Restaurant Thir13en (H Street)
Ella Dining Room and Bar (K Street)
Tower Cafe (Broadway)
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®
We are the "Movers Who Care®"
The 8167 Belvedere Ave, Ste D
Sacramento, CA 95826
(916) 852-7411
http://www.twomensacramento.com

#17 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

http://www.towerbridgebistro.com
100 Capitol Mall

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#18 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

http://www.towerbridgebistro.com
100 Capitol Mall

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, GOOD!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#19 Logan

Logan

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I eat at some chains, but invariably, most of my favorites are either not chains or are small local chains. The exception being Togo's. I started eating Togo's sandwiches when they were at 3 or 4 stores. Now that they are a big chain, I still have to say I like their sandwiches. It was better before they started weighing the meat, but they still make a darn good Pastrami Sandwich.

#20 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Just came back from a lovely dinner at Tower Bridge Bistro. Wonderful!

This is the 4th time we've eaten at the Embassy Suites (1 Tower Bridge, 1 Brunch, 1 Marketplace Cafe) and I've always had a great experience. We had the February Prix Fixe special for $29 pp, which included a large soup or salad, large entree, and large dessert. The clam chowder was great, salmon was perfectly cooked, and the chocolate turtle cup was heavenly (a mug of warm chocolate cake + vanilla bean ice cream + pecans). I'm stuffed, service was excellent, and the free valet parking was a plus. Beautiful view of the Tower Bridge too!

Only constructive feedback I have is regarding the website. The prix fixe menu wasn't posted, and the mobile version was limited in fuctionality. It requires flash for full function, and due to the Apple/Adobe rift, couldn't work on an iPhone. But this is minor details, and doesn't detract from the restaurant one bit. Can't wait to go back in the future :)
--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#21 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Just came back from a lovely dinner at Tower Bridge Bistro. Wonderful!

This is the 4th time we've eaten at the Embassy Suites (1 Tower Bridge, 1 Brunch, 1 Marketplace Cafe) and I've always had a great experience. We had the February Prix Fixe special for $29 pp, which included a large soup or salad, large entree, and large dessert. The clam chowder was great, salmon was perfectly cooked, and the chocolate turtle cup was heavenly (a mug of warm chocolate cake + vanilla bean ice cream + pecans). I'm stuffed, service was excellent, and the free valet parking was a plus. Beautiful view of the Tower Bridge too!

Only constructive feedback I have is regarding the website. The prix fixe menu wasn't posted, and the mobile version was limited in fuctionality. It requires flash for full function, and due to the Apple/Adobe rift, couldn't work on an iPhone. But this is minor details, and doesn't detract from the restaurant one bit. Can't wait to go back in the future :)

Thank you! My husband is the Executive Chef there. Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. Two of my very favorites from the menu - the clam chowder and of course the turtle cups.

The prix fixe menu not being on the website is all on me. My dear chef was in LA with me on biz last week and we haven't gotten it up. We're working with the web guy on the flash issue as well as many other ideas but it was on the back burner a bit over the holidays. It's a huge $$ investment to change over and we want to be 100% sure we're making the right changes before we take the plunge.

Hope you'll be back soon!

Kimberly Purcell

#22 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

My wife and I now seem to be making it a tradition to dine at Tower Bridge Bistro following the free museum day in Sac.  We went again this year, exactly 1 year after my last post on this thread.  It was wonderful just like we remembered. Food was great and the service was outstanding.  This time we had the croissant bread pudding for dessert, and I must say that it will be difficult to eat any other bread pudding.  I would recommend getting there early before sunset so you can enjoy the beautiful sunset over the river followed by the beautiful illuminated bridge.  Last year we had issues making reservations on a iPhone due to web design, but I am happy to report that everything has been updated, and there were no issues.  Thank you Chef Clay for another wonderful dining experience!

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#23 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

My wife and I now seem to be making it a tradition to dine at Tower Bridge Bistro following the free museum day in Sac.  We went again this year, exactly 1 year after my last post on this thread.  It was wonderful just like we remembered. Food was great and the service was outstanding.  This time we had the croissant bread pudding for dessert, and I must say that it will be difficult to eat any other bread pudding.  I would recommend getting there early before sunset so you can enjoy the beautiful sunset over the river followed by the beautiful illuminated bridge.  Last year we had issues making reservations on a iPhone due to web design, but I am happy to report that everything has been updated, and there were no issues.  Thank you Chef Clay for another wonderful dining experience!

Thank you! 

Kimberly Purcell

#24 Deanna H

Deanna H

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Sacto does have many chains, but there are lots of good, independent joints too from the obvious places in midtown to unsuspected hole in the walls in boring strip malls throughout the region. I've been following some of the local websites/blogs that talk about this subject...lots of good info out there.
OR, if one is really adventurous, you could start your own search & blog about it like this guy Eating through Roseville

I read his blog all the time. He gives very detailed info about the places he reviews and he almost always includes a full menu to look over. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users