30 replies to this topic

#1 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

Two women were confronted by an armed man in front of 36 Handles as they were leaving.  He demanded their purses and keys.  They tried to run back in and one woman was shot and killed.  The man then took the keys and stole the victim's Subaru, crashing it 5 miles down Silva Valley Road.  Anderson Swift, 41, of Oakland is in custody and a gun was found in the car.  The road was closed between Darwin and Green Valley.  Not sure when if it's been re-opened.

Terrible and coldblooded.

#2 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

Oh my gosh, that is horrible.

Is that in EDH Town Center?

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

I'm not sure.  I think it's over by Pottery Barn?

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:52 AM

No, but it's close by at the corner of Latrobe and White Rock.

This is terrible, that guy shot and killed a woman as she was running away.

It's time to enact harsher laws, that guy needs be hanged for this.

No trial needed, he was caught red handed with the stolen car and gun.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#5 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

A 41-year-old man doesn't just suddenly "happen" to use a gun to commit a robbery/carjacking, without having done this kind of thing before.  My guess is that he was supposed to be locked up already, but the system (maybe a judge) allowed him to go back out to take a life. 

This was the most information I could find on Google so far:

http://www.kcra.com/...rested/30573376

http://molosyndicate.com/3/1-382

You can run but you can't hide, even in EDH.

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

so this genius took off on Silva Valley heading north toward where?  He was almost all the way to Green Valley Road when he crashed.  amazed he didn't get on Hwy. 50.  he would have been long gone.  glad he didn't though.  and glad the neighbors had the sense to detain him when he started to run!

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

This is really sad.

My wife, I and my wife's niece were going to go over there for lunch yesterday, but they ended up going to a movie here in Folsom.

We have been there 3/4 times and really like 36 Handles.  Love fish and chips...

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#8 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

How sad! My thoughts and prayers goes out to the Woman's family who was killed.

I wonder how or why did the shooter choose this location? If he simply made a random choice, then this could have possibly happened in Folsom. How did they get here from Oakland or are they a transplant with an Oakland address?

Its been said by another on here, nothing good happens around 12:30 am. Part of me believes, that we should expect to be safe leaving a bar at 12:30 am, but times are definitely changing! The bad guys are realizing that there are potential targets who maybe more impaired leaving bars around this time, thereby making it easier to rob them. Im NOT trying to imply anything about this poor victim in this case in anyway what so ever. I suspect she was sadly at the wrong place at the wrong time and that could happen to many of us on here!

What scares me more than anything is the growing number of people in this country who have so little regard for human life and who feel they are entitled to take from others. This segment is growing and becoming more and more bold and aggressive in their actions.

This type of incident erodes our beliefs in how safe we are and how fleeting life can be.

Again, my heart goes out to the victim, her family and all those who are suffering over her being killed! How sad, tragic and senseless!

#9 puppylover

puppylover

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

She was my daughter's friend.  A bright ray of light wherever she went.   An old soul.

#10 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that.  This incident (murder) has really troubled me.  Here this woman left Sacramento to get away from potential violence, and instead it follows her to EDH from Oakland.  THIS is the real problem in America:  violent crime, and not the police who are confronted with criminals.

I will be curious to find out the particulars of how the man came to end up in EDH that night, willing to kill for a car that he couldn't even drive.

#11 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

Thought I read he car jacked a car from Oakland and it broke down somewhere near EDH. Also some reports he was pan handling earlier in the day. Still seems pretty odd and unlucky that he ended up in that particular shopping center though. Oh and it's obvious he was a whack job.

#12 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

She was my daughter's friend.  A bright ray of light wherever she went.   An old soul.

I am so sorry to hear that.  Such a terrible thing to happen.  I am sure she will be missed.

#13 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:27 AM

Horrible, random violence -- we are fortunate enough in Folsom and EDH to rarely experience that.

She sounded like a very vital and much-liked young woman.

#14 kingdog

kingdog

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

An unbelievable tragedy!  I thought I might mention an unusual connection to the story that relates a street name in Folsom to victim Khrista Ibarolle's home town.  Khrista was born in Yankton, South Dakota,  I believe Yankton Street in the Natoma Station area of Folsom was named after this small city of about 15,000 residents in southeast South Dakota.  According to an article on Khrista published in her hometown newspaper, the Yankton Press and Dakotan, she was a young woman of strong character and touched many lives.  As an accomplished high school athlete, she set the local school record of 11 feet in girls high school pole vault that still stands today.  Being so close, I wonder if she ever knew of Yankton Street in Folsom. My sincere condolences to her family and all of her friends.

#15 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

BCF,

RARELY?  You gotta be kidding me?

We had the bank robber shot n killed in home a few years ago, last year that person was shot n killed by FPD after killing his child, we had the guy killed in the parking lot of the tattoo parlor during a fight, we had that kid stabbed on East bidwell n killed, that guy stabbed somebody at FLB, the shots fired last year at Cimarron Circle and how about the big shootout at the Safeway mini mart after Sutter street closed down. (There were bullet holes all over the place, yet that story wasn't released to the public). How about the incident where the LEO was attacked down on Sutter street. How about the car jackings going on at outlet mall with people with guns....how long before one of us gets shot there? Ive heard from people who have said they've seen people with guns down on Sutter street.

With all the home and car breakins going on its only a matter of time until a resident is shot.

We cant be in denial over what's happening in our community if we're going to solve these issues!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users