Comcast Upping Speeds?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

Whatever salesmen have been visiting Dave and Cali are full of nonsense.  The speed upgrades to 105 Mbps and beyond were due to DOCSIS 3.0 upgrades and had nothing to do with laying fiber cable in your neighborhood.  This was done for nearly all customers everywhere.  There is likely no fiber on your street, and I don't think Comcast would spend the money to dig up everyone's front yards to run fiber to every home.  I'm not very trustworthy of door-to-door sales reps, and won't buy anything from them, especially if they don't produce a valid solicitor's permit from the City.  Many years ago in another town where I believed, AT&T was trying to sell wireless broadband and canvassed the neighborhood with salespeople.  I already had cable modem at the time and was not going to switch.  The sales reps tried to tell me that the phone companies were going to start ripping out all the phone lines and converting everyone to wireless and that I should buy now before they took away my phone.  AT&T wasn't even the local phone company, it was Sprint.  

Well that's disheartening.

I didn't even think to ask for a city solicitor's permit.

I compared what he told me to what he wrote on the contract agreement, and it's different. There is a price difference after the 1st year. Sigh. So far nothing has been set up. I'm so disappointed.

#32 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

Isn't Comcast Great.

59.66 Mbps Download and 5.24 Mbps Upload right now.

Plus Xfinity has so many programs you can watch...

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#33 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

I've had comcast for nearly two decades (it was actually several different companies over that period). I very seldom have a problem with lack of service. I can't even remember the last time. Just ran a speed test. 53.43 down, 6.08 up with a 32ms ping. I think I pay in the mid 60s for the service. Well worth it to me.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users