6 replies to this topic

#1 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

It saddens me everyday I drive home down Serrano Parkway.

I wish they could have found a way to keep it open. At least up until they put housing or whatever there. It was such beautiful property and fun to play a short game of golf in the afternoon. Now it's 100% overgrown ugly area which reflects bad on the community IMO.

Just saying. I dream of driving by one day and them having a sign up that they made a mistake and a bagillionare is going to re-install a golf course there for us to enjoy :)

Maybe I'm a loner on this...
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#2 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

I miss it. My wife and I would run over on Friday afternoon and play a round before heading to dinner. It was the perfect length for a quick round. I actually found it more fun and challenging than a regular course. You had to really think about your shot and could get into trouble easy. My wife liked it for the same reason. On a normal course designed for long shots off the tee, she'd get bored hitting 2-3 times just to get to a point where she had to use some thought and finesse.

We both haven't played much since it closed.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#3 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

I miss it. My wife and I would run over on Friday afternoon and play a round before heading to dinner. It was the perfect length for a quick round. I actually found it more fun and challenging than a regular course. You had to really think about your shot and could get into trouble easy. My wife liked it for the same reason. On a normal course designed for long shots off the tee, she'd get bored hitting 2-3 times just to get to a point where she had to use some thought and finesse.

We both haven't played much since it closed.

I haven't been out since it closed either. It was just so convenient and a little challenging exactly as you're saying.

Several times we came across a little bobcat that hung out by the holes behind Raleys. It was kinda exciting to see the wildlife (since it left us alone...LOL).
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#4 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

The Seranno neighborhood country club closed? When, I played there last summer and the greens were in great condition.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#5 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

It saddens me everyday I drive home down Serrano Parkway.

I wish they could have found a way to keep it open. At least up until they put housing or whatever there. It was such beautiful property and fun to play a short game of golf in the afternoon. Now it's 100% overgrown ugly area which reflects bad on the community IMO.

Just saying. I dream of driving by one day and them having a sign up that they made a mistake and a bagillionare is going to re-install a golf course there for us to enjoy :)

Maybe I'm a loner on this...

I drive by it about once a week. It's sad that it wasn't able to stay in business.

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

I'm glad to see the canada geese have a new place to nest though!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 quilt-n-golf gal

quilt-n-golf gal

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

The Seranno neighborhood country club closed? When, I played there last summer and the greens were in great condition.

Serrano, the private country club remains open...El Dorado Hills golf course, which was north of highway 50 is the one that closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users