• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 Folsom4Now

Folsom4Now

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with family, reading, many other things.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

My prayers and thoughts go out to all affected by this crash :(
"I love when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, one spirit" -Khalil Gilbran

#17 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

This site shows the level of the problem we have in this town with driving drunk and being drunk in public. I'm not saying drinking is the cause of this accident; just saying we clearly have a problem here.

If you count the times people have been arrested for both being drunk and driving drunk, you would come up with seven, in the spam of four days. That’s far too high a number of drunks in this town, for my taste. If someone wants to get an average of arrests for DUI or being drunk, in a city our size, it may be helpful.

http://folsomtelegra...crime_logs.html

I haven’t counted the accidents with serious injuries or deaths, but I know we have had too many. One other that happened a few months ago on Folsom Blvd.

How many more will we have before the end of this year? Will you or I be the victim of one of them?

Folsom Blvd. has been a street my husband and I try to avoid, and now Blue Ravine is added to our list. Too many accidents on these two roads for our comfort.

The victims of this accident have my deepest sympathy. Anyone of us could have been in that other car, when the van crossed over the yellow line.

#18 crossski

crossski

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

I jog up that stretch of Blue Ravine pretty often and there are already some flowers planted on that side of the street. I always wonder if it's from a previous fatality and wonder who tends to them.

Then there's always wondering once the names are released if it will be someone you know. It's all very sad.

There are often flowers at blue ravine / prairie city on sibley western side. A young girl was killed in a small truck which was broadsided by a car coming down blue ravine and ended up at the large light pole there. thinking 8-10yrs ago

More recently a few years ago a motorcyclist was killed on blue ravine between prairie city and where this accident occured.

both also sad and unfortunate accidents - god bless them and their families as well as those involved yesterday.

#19 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

There are often flowers at blue ravine / prairie city on sibley western side. A young girl was killed in a small truck which was broadsided by a car coming down blue ravine and ended up at the large light pole there. thinking 8-10yrs ago

More recently a few years ago a motorcyclist was killed on blue ravine between prairie city and where this accident occured.

both also sad and unfortunate accidents - god bless them and their families also as well as those of the recent incident.

I've seen those arrangements at Sibley, too. I do remember hearing about that accident.
The flowers I'm talking about are actually planted in the ground between Riley and Crossing Way in the landscaping in front of the Redwoods.

Like you say, God bless all those taken too soon, including the most recent tragedy.

#20 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Why is it, the innocent victims are always the ones to die?

How come the person at fault nearly always survives.

Either God doesn't exist, or he doesn't care about us humans very much?
"And the Wind cries Mary"

#21 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

or the guilty are under the influence and as a result more relaxed so their body better absorbs the impact.

#22 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

oh, He exists. It's just that there are many who do not realize that until after a terrific chain of events alters their lives.

#23 Folsom4Now

Folsom4Now

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with family, reading, many other things.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

God gave us brains to use. Don't drink and drive. It's as simple as that. Why is it those who claim they don't believe in God are the first to place the blame on Him?
"I love when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, one spirit" -Khalil Gilbran

#24 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

"Difficulty maintaining a lane" sounds like drunk driving, but it is hard to believe that would be the case on a Sunday at mid-morning.

Also, not to stereotype, but people who would be drunk/drugged don't usually drive minivans!

So, I wonder if there is some other explanation. I wish the police would release some kind of preliminary report so we could understand how this happened.

#25 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

"Difficulty maintaining a lane" sounds like drunk driving, but it is hard to believe that would be the case on a Sunday at mid-morning.

Also, not to stereotype, but people who would be drunk/drugged don't usually drive minivans!

So, I wonder if there is some other explanation. I wish the police would release some kind of preliminary report so we could understand how this happened.

People who text and/or are otherwise distracted also have difficulty maintaining their lanes. It will be interesting to hear what law enforcement concludes in this case.

The deceased was identified as Keven Jon Carmichael, 50, of Folsom. My condolences to his family and friends.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2012/06/coroner-identifies-driver-killed-in-folsom-head-on-crash.html#storylink=misearch
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#26 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

The flowers I'm talking about are actually planted in the ground between Riley and Crossing Way in the landscaping in front of the Redwoods.

As I recall, this is where the motorcyclist got killed.

#27 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

As I recall, this is where the motorcyclist got killed.

Thanks, Tony & Crosski. I think you are correct.

#28 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Coming from Bidwell towards Riley (on Blue Ravine) you come to the corner of
Blue Ravine and Riley. If you get into the left hand lane to turn left on
Riley and have to stop for a red light, you sit there facing the oncoming
traffic headed towards Bidwell. That is a scary wait folks. As you sit
there waiting to make your left hand turn people come flying towards you
at 40-60 MPH. All it would take is one small movement you they would be
right into you. My wife has mentioned it to me a few times and I have
noticed it myself.

Slow down people. It's not just your life but ours too.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#29 watsupwiththat@aol.com

watsupwiththat@aol.com

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

The victims name is Keven (jon?) Carmichael. He was 50 and a resident of Folsom from what I hear.

#30 Silverado

Silverado

Superstar

• Photographer
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, ATVs, Jeepin', the Great Outdoors

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

I think the city needs to take a serious look at redesigning Blue Ravine between Prairie City and Bidwell. This is a winding stretch of road traveled at high speeds by a high volume of traffic. There really needs to be a center median installed. Its not a matter of if there will be another head on, but only when. I drive this stretch of road daily, and always feel very uncomfortable doing so, staying in the right lane at all times.
The inconsistencies are so compounded as to present a seemingly impossible phenomenon. -Mr. Spock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users