#16 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (mhawkins @ Jan 22 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah there has been some GREAT advise!! advise I can live with, unlike the smell of Raid...which seems to take for EVER to go AWAY, and doesn't even seem to be that effective long term.

RAID is like using a bazooka to kill a mosquito
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#17 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (mhawkins @ Jan 22 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah there has been some GREAT advise!! advise I can live with, unlike the smell of Raid...which seems to take for EVER to go AWAY, and doesn't even seem to be that effective long term.

neurotoxins do breakdown with time, but the sicko bast-rd in me loves to watch the black widows, wasps, and cockroaches go through the muscle spasms before they stop moving from death. I haven't seen any cockroaches to kill since leaving the air force, but every year, I get to kill a few wasps and black widows with my preferred Nerve Agent.

For other spiders, i also like the Lysol flame thrower method, but for legal reasons, as they say on mythbusters, don't ever try this at home, ever!!!.
I would rather be Backpacking

#18 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Jan 22 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
neurotoxins do breakdown with time, but the sicko bast-rd in me loves to watch the black widows, wasps, and cockroaches go through the muscle spasms before they stop moving from death. I haven't seen any cockroaches to kill since leaving the air force, but every year, I get to kill a few wasps and black widows with my preferred Nerve Agent.

For other spiders, i also like the Lysol flame thrower method, but for legal reasons, as they say on mythbusters, don't ever try this at home, ever!!!.

Our household is the same we like to watch the Black Wida's curl, jump, almost could hear her scream then die. Lysol flame thrower is another fun activity when killing bugs.

So talking about cockroaches two months ago I had some in my house completely freaked me out - when I think of roaches I think of dirt and filth but I am a good housecleaner. Long story short I wasn't going to fool around with exterminating myself (as they only can be seen when i turn on a light then they disappeared) so I hired an exterminator for them and he took care of my ant problem too... Ends up he thinks I got them from Costco in a box, he said he had quite a few people in Folsom that week complain and we had all been costco shoppers... So beware when bringing home Costco boxes take a look before you bring it in the house.

#19 mhawkins

mhawkins

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

Gross! I guess I never really thought about it....but it makes sense. I just don't like the idea of roches crawling around my be-loved Costco!! unsure.gif

#20 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (mhawkins @ Jan 22 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gross! I guess I never really thought about it....but it makes sense. I just don't like the idea of roches crawling around my be-loved Costco!! unsure.gif

Yeah me neither but glad that it wasn't just me and they could pin point where we would have got those since we never leave folsom or travel where we would pick them up but Costco gets produce from all over... The funny thing (well not funny at the time) is the day I went to costco I remember the bug jumping out of the box and me not knowing it was a cockroach let it live as it hoped along and I couldn't catch it... 3 weeks later BAM bugs in the night in my dishwasher and sink, I would turn on the light 4am (time I get up for work) and see these bugs scatter... YIKES then it hit me and I realized what they were...

Haven't had an issue since the exterminator came.. ANTS on the other hand I still continue to have little bouts with them but every two months the guy comes and sprays and it's good

#21 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (mhawkins @ Jan 22 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is off the subject, but I found a big dried up dead scorpion in a multi-pack of toilet paper I bought a week ago!!

good thing I had toilet paper on hand. smile.gif
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#22 bunny

bunny

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Sort of funny, but a friend of mine from Texas sent another friend in Minnesota a couple of live scorpions in a box. Not only did they survive their UPS trip, but they thrived in an aquarium for several weeks last summer until she released them into the wild behind her garage.

Might have ended up surprising the heck out of someone, who until their dying day will insist that there are scorpions in Minnesota.

#23 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (4thgenFolsomite @ Jan 22 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RAID is like using a bazooka to kill a mosquito

What's your point? I hate mosquitos! huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users