30 replies to this topic

#16 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

I'm not sure either. In this case, from the info jpow5 and Deb aka Resume Lady posted, it sounds like they were just using the room to party. If they lived in Folsom, why did they need a hotel room?

they were heating cocaine in a pan in the kitchen, so they were doing some sort of processing. maybe they took coke, cut it with something and then boiled the water out of it to powder it again. obviously not quite the sharpest tacks. the article said he was a resident of Folsom too, so he obviously didn't to do it in his own home.

sounds like he was high to the point of passing out in the lobby. what an idiot! and then they had the door wedged open. what's up with that? so he could let himself back in? not america's smartest criminals.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#17 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

These guys didn't get charged with manufacturing because they didn't have the other ingredients. The door was jammed open at 6am, so Im thinking they started the process, and were probably waiting for someone else t arrive with more ingredients. However, boing coke chloride is extremely toxic and they were stupid enough to not wear masks.

Too bad they didn't get the rest of the team.

#18 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

These guys didn't get charged with manufacturing because they didn't have the other ingredients. The door was jammed open at 6am, so Im thinking they started the process, and were probably waiting for someone else t arrive with more ingredients. However, boing coke chloride is extremely toxic and they were stupid enough to not wear masks.

Too bad they didn't get the rest of the team.

So this probably wasn't just for personal use type of thing? If you are right about that, it is too bad they didn't catch others, but the safety of the people in the building is more important, not to mention the poor officers and fire fighters that responded and got a whiff of the stuff.

#19 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

So this probably wasn't just for personal use type of thing? If you are right about that, it is too bad they didn't catch others, but the safety of the people in the building is more important, not to mention the poor officers and fire fighters that responded and got a whiff of the stuff.

I'm not really sure but there are much safer ways to whiff crank by using a bowl (remember I told you guys about that facebook page I read!) --

I do know that the article mentions they were boiling down cocaine hydochloride--which I believe is the first process of making crank.

edit: heres a aite I found for it and a quote :

"The medical literature is often ambiguous when differentiating between "freebase" and "crack," which are actually the same chemical form of cocaine.[4] This notwithstanding, crack and freebase are made using different techniques. Freebase is produced by dissolving cocaine hydrochloride in water, adding a base like ammonia, and then adding a solvent, typically ether. The cocaine base is dissolved by the ether and is extracted by evaporation. There is a chance that the ether, which is highly volatile, may remain in the mixture and cause burns.[5] Crack, on the other hand, is produced by dissolving cocaine hydrochloride in water, mixing it with ammonia or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), and heating this mixture to remove hydrochloride.[5-7] The remaining product is a soft mass that becomes hard when it dries.[7] The name “crack” comes from the crackling sound made when the mixture is smoked.[6,7]"
http://www.methoide....ex.cfm?stid=169

#20 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

"Hey, let's check into a hotel and make some meth!"

I'm naive. What does it take to make meth? Pots, pans? I guess its easier to rent a room that comes with a little kitchen, but doesn't meth smell when its cooking? I thought that was why these jerks usually picked a remote location.

Some woman got arrested for making it while walking the aisles at Walmart.

#21 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

I knew a guy that worked hazmat and he said meth cooking required the complete stripping of the area where it was cooked down to bare studs due to the drywall absorbing toxic gases. Huge losses for property owners renting to methheads.
These two should be posterchildren for "this is your brain on drugs" commercials.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#22 femmesavante

femmesavante

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Homeschooling, cooking, theatre....

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

I'm not really sure but there are much safer ways to whiff crank by using a bowl (remember I told you guys about that facebook page I read!) --

I do know that the article mentions they were boiling down cocaine hydochloride--which I believe is the first process of making crank.

edit: heres a aite I found for it and a quote :

"The medical literature is often ambiguous when differentiating between "freebase" and "crack," which are actually the same chemical form of cocaine.[4] This notwithstanding, crack and freebase are made using different techniques. Freebase is produced by dissolving cocaine hydrochloride in water, adding a base like ammonia, and then adding a solvent, typically ether. The cocaine base is dissolved by the ether and is extracted by evaporation. There is a chance that the ether, which is highly volatile, may remain in the mixture and cause burns.[5] Crack, on the other hand, is produced by dissolving cocaine hydrochloride in water, mixing it with ammonia or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), and heating this mixture to remove hydrochloride.[5-7] The remaining product is a soft mass that becomes hard when it dries.[7] The name “crack” comes from the crackling sound made when the mixture is smoked.[6,7]"
http://www.methoide....ex.cfm?stid=169

I was thinking they were probably cooking crack or freebasing also. Not sure why they would do it in a hotel if they live here in Folsom though...

#23 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

I was thinking they were probably cooking crack or freebasing also. Not sure why they would do it in a hotel if they live here in Folsom though...

maybe they weren't married to each other! well, now that the news is out, boy are they in trouble now!
:)
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#24 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

maybe they weren't married to each other! well, now that the news is out, boy are they in trouble now!
:)

Not the case unless it's a coincidence. They have the same last name.
I always wonder what happens to you in life that would get you to the point where you do this to yourself at the age of 48 and 49.

#25 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Well according to the sac sheriff inmate locator; they have both already been released.

I wonder if they will be sued for costing the Hotel loss of revenue?

The pictures from KCRA are funny. Almost looks like the cop is the one doing the sobriety test.

(ok, not really--just a joke)

#26 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

Not the case unless it's a coincidence. They have the same last name.
I always wonder what happens to you in life that would get you to the point where you do this to yourself at the age of 48 and 49.

Addiction. It's nasty.

#27 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

And because of brains like these two, we have to show ID and are limited with the amount of a legal substance (Sudafed). Criminals suck.

#28 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

And because of brains like these two, we have to show ID and are limited with the amount of a legal substance (Sudafed). Criminals suck.

And snort.

#29 jlm

jlm

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Same guy?

https://local.nixle..../?sub_id=850438

#30 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Same guy?

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4888344/?sub_id=850438

I'm going to wager a yes on that. Same age. Addiction is a terrible thing.

Heard the PD was there crawling on the ground with their ARs. Assumed it was some type of stand-off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users