Wanted- Plastic Pallet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:12 PM

I am looking for a couple of plastic pallets around 48" x 40" or so to ship some stuff to China, as they dont take wood ones.

Anyone have one or two or know where I can find a couple ?

Let me know

Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#2 randb

randb

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:58 PM

Bel Air uses them, but I am not sure if the sell/give them away. China, huh, that's gonna cost you a pretty penny, isn't it?

#3 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

Thats interesting....I've never seen a plastic pallet - didn't know they even existed.

I used to ship lots of gear to China in wooden containers (very large) for tradeshows - course they also were shipped back when I returned, but China is such a non-environmental kind of place, the pollution levels there are insane... I can only guess they don't want wooden ones so that maybe they could have the plastic ones to be able to re-use.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#4 BlueStateMom

BlueStateMom

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Oct 18 2005, 12:12 PM)
I am looking for a couple of plastic pallets around 48" x 40" or so to ship some stuff to China, as they dont take wood ones.

Anyone have one or two or know where I can find a couple ?

Let me know

Cheers
F500

View Post

Ususally the broker or forwarder who is moving the freight for you can provide you with some. They're not cheap (last time I checked, the were around $90), but used ones should be fine if they can get them for you.

#5 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(BlueStateMom @ Oct 18 2005, 02:36 PM)
Ususally the broker or forwarder who is moving the freight for you can provide you with some.  They're not cheap (last time I checked, the were around $90), but used ones should be fine if they can get them for you.

View Post

Actually I can buy new ones for $25 ea plus the shipping if I buy 5. I only need 1 or 2 . Guess I will have to get the 5 unless I locate a chicken.
Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users