• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 555

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

Anyone have a good recommendation for someone they have used? I am not a litigation kind of guy, but my wife was injured in a car accident (rear-ended by another driver). The other driver has admitted fault and her insurance company is willing to pay, but they're estimate is less than the body shop estimate I got. The car is also now leaking fluids and the other carrier is claiming it's NOT accident related, but it started only after the accident. My wife has some back pain now and she'll go see her dr. I am just not liking what I am hearing from this other carrier with their low-ball offer and they want to like give my wife $500 now to "settle now". I know what they're doing -- trying to minimize a loss, but I am at the point now where I am considering representation.

Anyone have a first-hand recommendation? THANKS. :-)

#2 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

Shouldn't your insurance company be the one handling this other insurance company?

#3 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

Shouldn't your insurance company be the one handling this other insurance company?

Agreed, 555's insurance should be involved and working with the person at fault's insurance company to make sure they get acceptable payment for the accident and medical care.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#4 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Agreed, 555's insurance should be involved and working with the person at fault's insurance company to make sure they get acceptable payment for the accident and medical care.

This isn't the way it works.

If 555's had collision coverage on their vehicle they can choose to have it fixed by their company and then have their company subrogate against the at fault company for reimbursement. However when its handled this way 555's must pay their deductible and when their insurance gets fully reimbursed 555 will get reimbursed for their deductible.

If 555 doesn't have collision coverage, then they have to deal with the at fault company. When these incidents happen, I generally will call the at fault company on behalf of my client trying to assit in getting it resolved. The reimbursement for the medical injuries CAN be complicated at times. Their current company isn't responsible for getting those paid under their policy.

Its IMPERATIVE that everyone have a good working relationship with their Agent, who is experienced and knowledgeable, in these situtions. They should be 555's best resource in assisting them during this situation.

#5 Marlee_04

Marlee_04

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:15 AM

Yeah though this is everyone’s assumption, however insurance companies don’t think on these lines. While working with a Los Angeles DUI lawyer, I have seen many instances where insurance companies have never cooperated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users