• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 femmesavante

femmesavante

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Homeschooling, cooking, theatre....

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Just an fyi. Lots of fire trucks and activity. Hopefully it was nothing too serious.

#2 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Just an fyi. Lots of fire trucks and activity. Hopefully it was nothing too serious.

As everyone was leaving Graffiti Night on Sutter Street around 8:00pm as it was drawing to a close, I saw a bunch of Folsom PD and Fire Trucks blazing down Riley St at Sutter Street towards that destination.

I hope some old car didn't have a bad issue, and crash. There were a lot of cars leaving the area at that time, and then the sirens started.

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Go it.

Family of seven hospitalized after car crash

FOLSOM, CA - Folsom police say a family of seven is lucky to be alive after their SUV was flipped over on a Folsom roadway.

The accident happened at about 8 p.m. on Greenback Lane near American River Canyon Drive in Folsom.

A Toyota Rav4, carrying 7 people, had pulled to the side of the road to check on a load they were carrying behind their car. The car was unable to pull completely off the roadway and it was then that a man driving a Pontiac GTO slammed into the vehicle from behind.

The entire family, including children ages 5 to 14 years old, was transported to the hospital.

The driver of the Pontiac was uninjured in the crash and he is not facing any charges as the police department says that alcohol did not play a factor in the crash.

http://folsom.news10.net/
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 femmesavante

femmesavante

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Homeschooling, cooking, theatre....

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

SO THANKFUL that no one was hurt. A miracle for sure! Thank you for the news updates!

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

It always makes me nervous riding bikes on that section of road...people go WAY too fast.

I hope the family is ok. I do have to wonder a few things...how were 3 ejected? No seat belts? And why pull over there? Not a very safe place to do so. Odd how things get out of control so quickly after a few minor choices/variables collide.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

SO THANKFUL that no one was hurt. A miracle for sure! Thank you for the news updates!

people don't go to the hospital if they aren't hurt. let's hope for the best.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

It always makes me nervous riding bikes on that section of road...people go WAY too fast.

I hope the family is ok. I do have to wonder a few things...how were 3 ejected? No seat belts? And why pull over there? Not a very safe place to do so. Odd how things get out of control so quickly after a few minor choices/variables collide.

I know what my assumptions are, but I’ll keep them to myself and allow others to post theirs, or follow my lead. ;)

#8 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

When I first saw your post I wondered if the car even had 7 seat belts. I looked it up. Depending on theyear made, the Rav4 has either 3 seatbelts with another "available" through proper modification- and a newer model that has the option of a third seat row, which does indeed have 7 seat belts. Im not usre which part of the road- or the diretion traveling, but if heading east toward greenback/rainbow bridge intersection, there are a few places where someone could safely pull over. This is ofcoarse a one way dialogue since the original person posting this story did not include this information.

perhaps it was just distracted driving> Although that is often just blamed without really an accurate reason why/how.

#9 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

When I first saw your post I wondered if the car even had 7 seat belts. I looked it up. Depending on theyear made, the Rav4 has either 3 seatbelts with another "available" through proper modification- and a newer model that has the option of a third seat row, which does indeed have 7 seat belts. Im not usre which part of the road- or the diretion traveling, but if heading east toward greenback/rainbow bridge intersection, there are a few places where someone could safely pull over. This is ofcoarse a one way dialogue since the original person posting this story did not include this information.

perhaps it was just distracted driving> Although that is often just blamed without really an accurate reason why/how.

Any reasonably new Rav4 has seating for 5 and seat belts for all 5. The new ones with a third row seat have seating for 7 and belts (seat and shoulder) for all 7.

#10 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

I drove by this accident last night soon after it had happened. The flipped over vehicle, Rav 4, was in terrible shape and upside down. There were several cars of people who had stopped to help. My assumption after driving by was the kids were probably not in seat belts based on what I saw so it is amazing there wasn't a fatality. Let's just say it wasn't a typical "Folsom" family.

You're probably right on your assumptions. I tried to be as PC in my post as possible.

I know what my assumptions are, but I’ll keep them to myself and allow others to post theirs, or follow my lead. ;)

The accident happened on the upper portion heading out of Folsom and towards Orangevale. There isn't a safe place to pull over on the right side where they were. The SUV could have driven less than a mile farther and pulled off onto American River Canyon and the whole incident would have been avoided. The SUV was not new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users