8 replies to this topic

#1 ashmarie28

ashmarie28

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

I found a bird by the Overlook Apartments today. It looks like a large parrot. I've been hearing it squawking since yesterday and it sounded like a large bird in distress, so I decided to go investigate today. It was stuck high up in a Eucalyptus tree. It took a couple hours to coax down but we finally got it into an extra cage we had lying around. It has some sort of ID tag around it's leg.

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

You are so nice to rescue that bird. You can try contacting Cindy Walden with City of Folsom animal services at cwalden@folsom.ca.us or call 439.2268 to reunite the lost bird with its owner. I'm sure someone is missing it.

#3 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

I found a bird by the Overlook Apartments today. It looks like a large parrot. I've been hearing it squawking since yesterday and it sounded like a large bird in distress, so I decided to go investigate today. It was stuck high up in a Eucalyptus tree. It took a couple hours to coax down but we finally got it into an extra cage we had lying around. It has some sort of ID tag around it's leg.

How can a bird be stuck in a tree?

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

I hope you find the owner. About 2 years ago we saw one on the sound wall in the back of our house.
I tried to get it but it flew away. I hope the owner found that one.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 Folsom_Pioneer

Folsom_Pioneer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

If you need any help with caring for the bird, please send me a private message through the forum. Also, do not let anyone try to claim the bird without describing it VERY accurately. Even down to the ID on the band if necessary. There is a thriving black market for birds, and some people will try to claim lost birds as their own when that is not the case.

#6 keyplayer

keyplayer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:music, ballet, scuba diving in tropical locations, bicycling, crusing on the bike (BMW1200LT)

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

You might check with the Bird Shop. They specialize in birds (a whole different level than the petco type stores). They may have info on someone losing the bird or a registration on the tag number.

#7 ashmarie28

ashmarie28

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

The bird is now in the hands of someone who knows how to take care of it. Believe me, if anyone does come forward about it, they will have to describe it in detail.
And judging by the fact that it was in the tree for almost 2 days and took 2 hours to bring down, I'd say it was pretty stuck! It didn't want to fly or maybe didn't have the energy to.

#8 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

Good job. Sometimes they get scared and just won't move, similar to a deer in the headlights of a car.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#9 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Probably a combination of suddenly being in the elements, and having been in a cage most its life, just dornst have the stregthn to fly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users