23 replies to this topic

#1 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

Has anyone eaten at Burger Hut in El Dorado Hills? It's in the Safeway shopping center on Green Valley. We stopped in yesterday for a milkshake just to check it out (too full of shushi to get a burger).

This place was a very favorite of mine while a student at Chico State. We ate there all the time. I saw in the Folsom Style that they've opened up a place in EDH so we had to go. They are coming soon to Roseville, so they've franchised, but it's still a pretty small franchise. Their bugers and shakes were always to die for!

They had a bunch of teens working in there yesterday, but they were definately hustling and our shakes were yuuummmy!

#2 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

omg! I wonder if the original owner started the franchise....He also owns Subs32 in Chico and Burger Hut is the BEST.....SMART franchise...Fries are the best with the sauce and u get to make your own burger:)))
YUMMY! I wonder if his children opened it...
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#3 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Aug 3 2008, 04:40 PM) View Post
omg! I wonder if the original owner started the franchise....He also owns Subs32 in Chico and Burger Hut is the BEST.....SMART franchise...Fries are the best with the sauce and u get to make your own burger:)))
YUMMY! I wonder if his children opened it...

Yes, it is the original owner. www.burgerhut.com

I didn't realize he owned 32nd St Subs also. Now if they franchised that place, I'd be all over it. Their sandwiches are AMAZING!!

Mmmm.... I need to go on a road trip.

#4 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

Went there yesterday...Still almost as good, BUT paid twice as much and took more than twenty minutes to get burger...I HOPE they read this forum....Just because you're in EDH doesn't mean you can charge what you want for a burger......$7 for the smallest burger, half-order fries and drink...IN Chico, $3.99 for same thing (compromise and make it just under $6)......It's not like I'm at Red Robin and getting a huge burger for that price.......Still love it, just disappointed that they made it so expensive for a burger joint where you dress your own burger...sad.gif

#5 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Aug 4 2008, 10:39 AM) View Post
Went there yesterday...Still almost as good, BUT paid twice as much and took more than twenty minutes to get burger...I HOPE they read this forum....Just because you're in EDH doesn't mean you can charge what you want for a burger......$7 for the smallest burger, half-order fries and drink...IN Chico, $3.99 for same thing (compromise and make it just under $6)......It's not like I'm at Red Robin and getting a huge burger for that price.......Still love it, just disappointed that they made it so expensive for a burger joint where you dress your own burger...sad.gif

That is disappointing.

You can put comments on their website at www.burgerhut.com

You definatley should...

#6 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

My husband and I went there again today....Talked to the new owner, Mary (she is the first franchisee). Found out there is a neighborhood special-$5.75, much better deal than buying small burger and adding the combo portion....THe menu is so jammed you can barely find the special....

This time we didn't have the wait....I still will go there for my burger fix...It's the BBQ sauce that makes the difference and the very thin patties....

#7 awood

awood

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Aug 4 2008, 04:29 PM) View Post
My husband and I went there again today....Talked to the new owner, Mary (she is the first franchisee). Found out there is a neighborhood special-$5.75, much better deal than buying small burger and adding the combo portion....THe menu is so jammed you can barely find the special....

This time we didn't have the wait....I still will go there for my burger fix...It's the BBQ sauce that makes the difference and the very thin patties....

That's all I needed to hear. I understand some people like the whole idea of a burger joint with bery little burger, but I am funny about wanting my burger to have some sizable amounts of meat in them. wacko.gif

#8 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

Where's the Beef???

I guess they have to cut it down due to gas prices/transportation. Luckliy, Mcd's still have the $1 value meals.

#9 POConnor

POConnor

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Wine, golfing, gardening, wakeboarding, wine, cooking, wine...hmmm did I mention I like wine?

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

I'm a big fan of the buger hut....
I was very excited to find out that a family friend was opening the franchise in EDH.

Give them a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed and I actually believe that the pricing they have in the EDH store is the same as the current prices in the Chico location.

Great great great burgers, yummy fries, the best shakes and awesome owners that are interested in your feedback.

Enjoy!

#10 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Love the Hut! It is so nice being able to get a very good burger and fries\rings meal in EDH w\o going to (gasp) McDs or Jack. Love the fries, rings and large menu. Kids and managers there are great, friendly and make you want to come back.

#11 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

Yes! That place is excellent. We just tried it out and were really happy. It was reasonably priced, IMO. Our family of four came out of there on Monday at just under $15.

My only question is why Folsom can't get a clue and start getting places like that! I just have to keep spending my money in EDH and Roseville.

#12 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(stacycam @ Aug 20 2008, 10:18 PM) View Post
My only question is why Folsom can't get a clue and start getting places like that! I just have to keep spending my money in EDH and Roseville.

You don't like the Fish Dhip BJ Gur?
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#13 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

lmao.gif Thanks for the laugh.

#14 Agent_007

Agent_007

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

I personally like to support local businesses but there's always a value point.

the owners are incredibly kind, nice and I wish them all success.

for me, i still prefer In N Out as the best quick burger around.

I spent $14 for lunch for two and was not that all impressed with Burger Hut. The fries were incredibly hot though which is amazing becuase most eateries don't know how to serve hot, fresh fries.

Here's my Burger score:
Izzy's on SLT Blvd - super awesome burgers, fries and rings!
In N Out - the best quick burger you can buy (i like mine as Double Double, grilled onions, ketchup instead of spread, extra pickles, protein style.)
Bidwell St Bistro - best sit down burger and fries - excellent, high quality beef, perfectly cooked and always fresh hot slender fries.
Costco fresh ground beef for making your own on the grill. Cooked medium this will be possibly the best burger you can make at home, ever!

#15 spork

spork

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

I went to Burger Hut a few weeks ago. The burgers were good. The garlic fries and beer battered onion rings were great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users