• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 KimmyD

KimmyD

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

Can anyone recommend a hair stylist in Folsom?  Highlights and a cut, reasonably priced would be great. Thanks! :D:

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

I really like Anne at French Twist on east bid well street.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with the family. :-)

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:53 AM

Brockway is NOT recommended. I got a haircut there yesterday and I cried afterwards. It was my first hair cut in almost two years (we just don't have money in the budget for it.) I finally got money to get a haircut. I was in at 9 am and out by 9:10 am. The hair cut lasted less than 10 minutes! I was in shock. The woman had no clue how to do it. Didn't even use the scissors correctly. (Hacking and sawing at my hair.) She kept asking me how to cut my hair as if she wasn't sure how to do it. I don't even have the money to get it fixed. :(

Dawn Grove

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience, Wolfmom.   I usually end up being a walk-in so I've definitely had my fair share of those haircuts.  I was happy with French Twist on East Bidwell for my last cut.  I just wish I could remember the stylist's name.

#5 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

I like the Aveda salon, Morgan Taylor, in EDH, although it is probably more expensive than what the OP is looking for. It was really hard finding a knowledgeable stylist whom I liked after I moved to Sacramento/Folsom (I had plenty of bad experiences here, even used to travel back to Visalia for a time for a good cut & still going for other services), so I'm ok with paying slightly more. 

Dawn, so sorry to hear about that! 

#6 ambrno33

ambrno33

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Adore (the Aveda Salon) near In n Out is currently on groupon:

http://www.groupon.c...a-concept-salon

My friend recommended them to me (I didn't end up going there). She loves them and says they're usually pretty pricey. The Groupon is a great deal!!

Without the groupon I highly recommend Whitney at Maribou on Sutter. She gave me a great cut/style and gives the best scalp massage during shampoo. They give a discount for your first trip in. She was awesome!

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

Adore (the Aveda Salon) near In n Out is currently on groupon:

http://www.groupon.c...a-concept-salon

My friend recommended them to me (I didn't end up going there). She loves them and says they're usually pretty pricey. The Groupon is a great deal!!

Without the groupon I highly recommend Whitney at Maribou on Sutter. She gave me a great cut/style and gives the best scalp massage during shampoo. They give a discount for your first trip in. She was awesome!

Is Maribou open after the fire?  Last time I drove by everything was still taped off and the building looked completely dark.

#8 ambrno33

ambrno33

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Is Maribou open after the fire?  Last time I drove by everything was still taped off and the building looked completely dark.

Great question! I hope so because I'm scheduled for next week, and desperately enjoy that glass of wine and 2 hours away from the kiddos ;)

Just checked before posting... they're working out of other locations (there's one on Blue Ravine) during repairs.

#9 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Great question! I hope so because I'm scheduled for next week, and desperately enjoy that glass of wine and 2 hours away from the kiddos ;)

Just checked before posting... they're working out of other locations (there's one on Blue Ravine) during repairs.

Wow.  I just always learn something new on myfolsom.  I didn't know they had another location.

#10 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

Debbie at Lux Salon near Target and Carl's Jr

#11 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Anne at French Twist is awesome.  I love that place.  Plus they really give back to the community.

#12 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

Brockway is NOT recommended. I got a haircut there yesterday and I cried afterwards. It was my first hair cut in almost two years (we just don't have money in the budget for it.) I finally got money to get a haircut. I was in at 9 am and out by 9:10 am. The hair cut lasted less than 10 minutes! I was in shock. The woman had no clue how to do it. Didn't even use the scissors correctly. (Hacking and sawing at my hair.) She kept asking me how to cut my hair as if she wasn't sure how to do it. I don't even have the money to get it fixed. :(

At the first hack I would have walked out. :( I'm sorry that happened to you.

My daughter gets her hair cut at the Paul Mitchell school. The prices are very low and the student stylists work under close supervision.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#13 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

that sucks!!  can you tell the owners?  that should be corrected.  I would let them know how disappointed you were with the service.  seriously.

#14 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Wolfmom, what did they charge you for this grand experience?  By the way, the owner's name is Derek Brock and he owns a chain of these stores.  The number listed is 984-6330, but that might be the store number.  Part of the joy of getting a haircut, for a woman anyway, is the whole pampering experience.  This sounds less than pampering and the owner should know.  maybe they will offer to fix it for free or give you a refund so you can get satisfaction somewhere else.  I'm so upset for you I'm tempted to call them myself. 

#15 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

My friend goes to Jaynee at Salon 55/Pristine Ava. The prices are reasonable, and she is always happy with her cut. There are on Iron Point near McAdoo, ph 916-224-3779.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users