3 replies to this topic

#1 40 Acres

40 Acres

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

I just received notice in the mail about a public hearing on December 2, 2009 at 6:30pm at Folsom City Council Chambers regarding ClearWire (internet company) intention to put a wireless communication tower on the property of Sutter Middle School. Per the letter, the property is categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act under "existing facilities."

Interestingly enough I found an article about a group of parents trying to stop ClearWire from installing one of their wireless communication towers on the property of Weston Elementary School in Ripon, Ca. Apparently there is some research being done that suggests certain radio waves are linked to medical problems. However, this new technology has not been thoroughly tested yet. Just my two cents, why put this on a school property and risk unknown exposure to young children?

Link to the article if anyone cares to read.

http://www.gopetitio...ton-school.html

#2 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

MONEY. These companies PAY the property owners to put the towers there. Is the school district benefiting from this? My guess would be yes.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#3 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

Is it a new tower or just new services/antenna on the existing tower?

#4 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

Well, I guess they can always use the school as an experiment if the radio waves are detrimental to students' health...
EMFs have been studied and there is evidence that the fields produce damaged DNA. It basically heats and cooks cells when strong enough. The question is how long and how close do the towers have to be to effect the children's health?
I know I wouldn't want my children to be exposed to cell towers if I didn't have to.....
BTW, I wonder how many kids have cell phones stuck to their ears all day, doing similiar damage?
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users