34 replies to this topic

#31 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:25 AM

I stopped by the John Laing condos over the weekend to take a look. They have some unique floorplans and I like the community in general. It's still shocking what you have to spend these days though, some of the "larger" units were over $300K, but I guess that's in-line with the market. Is there any place else in Folsom, new, selling in that price range?

My wife and I were considering buying one as a rental property, but they are only selling to owner occupants. The low end unit is $254K, which you almost break even on rental-wise; I'm assuming it could be rented for $1400/month.

#32 ratlab

ratlab

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:19 AM

I remember asking the sales reps at the John Laing condos and they have both condo association dues as well as The Parkway HOA dues, amounting close to $200/mo. The was the main reason we starting looking at single-family homes in the Parkway rather than the nicely-priced Laing condos.

As far as The Parkway HOA, they have been relatively responsive to complaints. Quite a few of us in the Sig Prop development complained about the front-yard landscaping (weeds growing to behemoth sizes, chuck bark looking old and tired within 6 months, etc.). They set-up a meeting with the residents and did tackle a good deal of the complaints. Sure, not everything was taken care of, but at least it's a start.

I initially had fears of living in a development with HOA restrictions (specifically street parking) as stringent as ones I've heard horror stories of in Gold River. But drive through the streets next to Empire Elementary and you'll appreciate not have to squeeze through streets occupied by boats and RVs.

#33 r&rbyrne

r&rbyrne

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(ratlab @ Feb 14 2005, 11:19 AM)

As far as The Parkway HOA, they have been relatively responsive to complaints.  Quite a few of us in the Sig Prop development complained about the front-yard landscaping (weeds growing to behemoth sizes, chuck bark looking old and tired within 6 months, etc.).  They set-up a meeting with the residents and did tackle a good deal of the complaints.  Sure, not everything was taken care of, but at least it's a start.

View Post

We purchased our home in Ashland Creek as well, and have noticed that the quality of landscaping has increasingly gotten more and more lax. Huge chunks of lawn clippings left everywhere, weeds sprouting in my lawn, weeds being left unchecked in the bark areas, etc. My sister in law lives in the JMC homes and they're having the same issues there as well.

I plan on sending a letter to the homeowner's association, as there has to be something done to address this issue. I don't mind living in a HOA community, but I'd like to insure that my $$ are being spent juciciously!

#34 ratlab

ratlab

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:01 AM

Hmm yeah, the weeds are propagating nicely on our lawn after this rainy season. I suppose I could pull them out like I have in the past, but it's a lot more fun seeing how large they'll grow before they get pulled by the landscapers.

#35 zach5

zach5

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:29 AM

I initially had fears of living in a development with HOA restrictions (specifically street parking) as stringent as ones I've heard horror stories of in Gold River. But drive through the streets next to Empire Elementary and you'll appreciate not have to squeeze through streets occupied by boats and RVs.

On the plus side of having cars on the street, they naturally slow down drivers from speeding through your neighborhood.
Come Support Me This Year For Relay For Life!
http://www.acsevents.../ca/folsom/zach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users