#1 newday

newday

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

http://cbs13.com/loc....2.1454160.html

Rollover, East Bidwell is closed. Hope everyone is OK.

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

not good - Mercedes vs Dodge Durango; one child has life threatening injuries. Keep them in your prayers...

http://ow.ly/11fmv

#3 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (newday @ Jan 27 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://cbs13.com/loc....2.1454160.html

Rollover, East Bidwell is closed. Hope everyone is OK.

I was there (on my home from FLC), I was right next to the car that got hit - it was horrific! worse accident I've ever seen in my life - it ripped one car in half and tore the roof off it as it rolled over

Here's what happened - some lady was heading east on Bidwell in a Mercedes with her lights off and speeding (someone said around 70mph) - I saw her coming into the left turn lane (facing me) and she started turning, I honked at her because I knew she was going to make the turn against the red and I sped up to get past her just before she turned in front of me, I made it but the truck next to me didn't - that truck t-boned the mercedes dead on.

The mercedes was speeding, with her lights off and turned against the red light right in front of oncoming traffic - I barely missed being the one who hit her

The accident was so powerful it spun the truck around and ripped the mercedes in half and flipped it - it was horrible, I've never seen such a bad accident.

I pulled over right away and ran back to help anyone I could while calling 911.

there were kids screaming in the mercedes - and blood all over them. There were three kids, one in what was left of the back seat and two in the trunk area which looks to me like they weren't seat belted. One of the kids was hurt really bad. A bunch of people stopped to help and thank God the police got there right away - kudos to Folsom PD for getting there within a minute or two - they truly rock!

I just couldn't believe the lady in the mercedes was driving without her lights on, speeding and turning against a red light - right smack in front of all oncoming traffic, I swear she was drunk or on something to be driving like that - there is no excuse - and to make matters horrifically worse - she had kids in her car!

The whole time all she seemed to care about was picking up her purse that had the contents scattered about the street - it really pissed me off she didn't seem to care at all about the kids, but in a time like that I can't really say anything, it was a horrible accident and she was in shock and unable to think.

Fortunately everyone will live and the driver of the truck seemed ok except for a very bruised knee and severe shock. Nobody will be driving either car again, they are both totaled. I took pix of both vehicles for the truck driver and gave my info to her and to the PD to serve as a witness. Another witness came up and said the mercedes was also driving erratically and hit the center divider several times before making that insane turn.

This was all entirely the fault of the mercedes driver, something is seriously wrong with her, there was no need for this accident to happen

Be careful out there folks and keep your eyes open looking around in 360 degrees at all time so you know what's going on around you - if I hadn't noticed the car without the lights on, it would have been me - man, I thank my lucky stars I made it out - but please say a prayer for the kids.. they're going to have one very long and painful night

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

What a horrible thing to witness, davburr. Those poor kids. Glad you escaped involvement. Way to be aware of your surroundings.

It was so good of you to stop and try and help. Also, it was great of you to give your info so the truck driver isn't blamed. There are a lot of people that don't want the inconvenience of being a witness.

#5 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

Here's the photos from the accident

this first one is of what's left of the mercedes, the lady in the pic is not the driver, she was someone who pulled over to help

this shot is the durango (facing the wrong direction)

#6 GFFmatt

GFFmatt

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Jan 27 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was there (on my home from FLC), I was right next to the car that got hit - it was horrific! worse accident I've ever seen in my life - it ripped one car in half and tore the roof off it as it rolled over

Here's what happened - some lady was heading east on Bidwell in a Mercedes with her lights off and speeding (someone said around 70mph) - I saw her coming into the left turn lane (facing me) and she started turning, I honked at her because I knew she was going to make the turn against the red and I sped up to get past her just before she turned in front of me, I made it but the truck next to me didn't - that truck t-boned the mercedes dead on.

The mercedes was speeding, with her lights off and turned against the red light right in front of oncoming traffic - I barely missed being the one who hit her

The accident was so powerful it spun the truck around and ripped the mercedes in half and flipped it - it was horrible, I've never seen such a bad accident.

I pulled over right away and ran back to help anyone I could while calling 911.

there were kids screaming in the mercedes - and blood all over them. There were three kids, one in what was left of the back seat and two in the trunk area which looks to me like they weren't seat belted. One of the kids was hurt really bad. A bunch of people stopped to help and thank God the police got there right away - kudos to Folsom PD for getting there within a minute or two - they truly rock!

I just couldn't believe the lady in the mercedes was driving without her lights on, speeding and turning against a red light - right smack in front of all oncoming traffic, I swear she was drunk or on something to be driving like that - there is no excuse - and to make matters horrifically worse - she had kids in her car!

The whole time all she seemed to care about was picking up her purse that had the contents scattered about the street - it really pissed me off she didn't seem to care at all about the kids, but in a time like that I can't really say anything, it was a horrible accident and she was in shock and unable to think.

Fortunately everyone will live and the driver of the truck seemed ok except for a very bruised knee and severe shock. Nobody will be driving either car again, they are both totaled. I took pix of both vehicles for the truck driver and gave my info to her and to the PD to serve as a witness. Another witness came up and said the mercedes was also driving erratically and hit the center divider several times before making that insane turn.

This was all entirely the fault of the mercedes driver, something is seriously wrong with her, there was no need for this accident to happen

Be careful out there folks and keep your eyes open looking around in 360 degrees at all time so you know what's going on around you - if I hadn't noticed the car without the lights on, it would have been me - man, I thank my lucky stars I made it out - but please say a prayer for the kids.. they're going to have one very long and painful night

...wow. All of that is horrific. Way to go Dave for acting so fast. I can't stomach anything to do with kids being hurt (who can?). Glad you're alright.

#7 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (ducky @ Jan 27 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a horrible thing to witness, davburr. Those poor kids. Glad you escaped involvement. Way to be aware of your surroundings.

It was so good of you to stop and try and help. Also, it was great of you to give your info so the truck driver isn't blamed. There are a lot of people that don't want the inconvenience of being a witness.

I'm still in shock from it all but I gotta say - I love this town - so many people pulled over to help it was amazing.... just wish it hadn't happened, it could have been prevented and it kills me that there were kids involved.

#8 bv1016

bv1016

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for posting the pics.. not because I like the gore... but because I have a friend who drives a Durango and another that drives a Mercedes... it's hard not to run through everyone you know and not to think the worst.

Fortunately I don't recognize the Mercedes... as far as the Durango... was the driver male or female?

I hope everyone comes out ok.

#9 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (bv1016 @ Jan 27 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for posting the pics.. not because I like the gore... but because I have a friend who drives a Durango and another that drives a Mercedes... it's hard not to run through everyone you know and not to think the worst.

Fortunately I don't recognize the Mercedes... as far as the Durango... was the driver male or female?

I hope everyone comes out ok.

It was an older model mercedes and the driver of the Durango was female - I believe it was silver too if that helps

#10 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:57 PM

Dave, I'm glad you weren't the one hit and instead were there to help.

#11 stevo70

stevo70

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Running<br />Soccer<br />Movies<br />Food<br />Reading<br />Technology (no, I am not a geek :-))

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Jan 27 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still in shock from it all but I gotta say - I love this town - so many people pulled over to help it was amazing.... just wish it hadn't happened, it could have been prevented and it kills me that there were kids involved.

Kudos for your efforts. The Mercedes driver sounds like a right crazy b1tch! I can't stomach anyone driving so badly with 3 kids in the car, makes me sick.

#12 burritos_mom

burritos_mom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

I just read on the news website that one of the children is in critical condition with life threatening injuries. I sure hope that there was something severally uncontrollably wrong with this woman that she would drive soo carelessly with 7 and 8 year old children in the car!! I am a mom to a child and I drive twice as careful when my child is in the car. I pray that everyone makes it out of this situation OK. Makes me want to wake my kid up from sleep and hug him!
Stephanie Albaugh, Realtor
MagnumOne Realty
1420 Roseville Parkway #140-363
Roseville, CA 95661
916-802-2539
www.rosevillehomesales.com
steph@jalone.com

#13 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

I hope everyone is OK. Dave, I'm glad you were OK. Let's all say some prayers for those kids.

#14 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:07 PM

Thanks you guys. Tonight be sure to hug your kids and please please please be careful when driving out there folks

#15 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:07 PM

What a horrific thing to happen and to witness. I'm thankful that you're a safe driver and that you're home safe, Dave.

I hope those children can fully recover from their injuries.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users