• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bkeyes

bkeyes

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 03:00 PM

Hi, I was wondering if some Folsom locals could help me with some housing info for the city. I am in the process of relocating up that way.

I know people have individual preferences, but I am looking for a larger home(3000 sq ft +) in a neighborhood that is family oriented. I checked out ARC North, but it was a bit out of my price range. Any other Suggestions on some other nice neighborhoods close by the Lake?

Also, any input about the schools, local activities, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 08:38 AM

Just about all the newer developments are going to have lots of families... though in ARC North, you may find some patches of older residents (with older kids, some in college & beyond). I'd recommend anywhere in the Broadstone, Prairie Oaks or Empire Ranch areas... they are both growing quite rapidly, and you'll see lots of kids. The only issue with these homes is that is may be difficult to find a 3000+ house...

#3 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 03 December 2002 - 12:09 PM

If you are looking to be right by the lake, you can try Briggs Ranch. It is right across the street from one of the lake entrances. As far as Prairie Oaks and Empire Ranch, you wont have any problem finding a home that's 3000+ sf but you might in Broadstone or at least the established parts of Broadstone. Pretty much every neighborhood in Folsom is family friendly so I don't think you will have a problem there and every neighborhood in Folsom is within 10 minutes of the lake. You may want to check out Willow Springs. Winncrest in having a closeout on there Belsera development (if you are interested in a new home). I may be a little biased but Willow Springs is a top notch family neighborhood! Good luck! I think that you will find that despite our problems, Folsom is a wonderful place to live and raise a family!
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#4 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 08 December 2002 - 05:53 PM

There are homes in El Dorado Hills that have paths going down to Folsom Lake. You might want to check the listing of homes west of Green Valley Road. We have friends that live in that area and it's very nice and quiet.

I believe that the kids there go to Oakridge High School which is very nice. Very good Football program.

Good luck! smile.gif
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users