2 replies to this topic

#1 jello

jello

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

I know this will sound a little crazy, but my daughter has just over a month before she leaves for college and she is finding herself with much less to do this summer than she thought. She is now starting to look for some kind of temporary employment before she leaves, not so much for the $ as much as to work. Any ideas?

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:31 AM

That's a tough one.  Maybe check out Parks & Rec - sports complex, aquatic center snack bar, or zoo gift shop maybe could use extra help?

The California State Fair?  Even though they've probably already done hiring, people sometimes don't work out, don't show, illness, or just don't show up.

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

It may be very difficult to find temp employment at this point. Since she's not looking for work for the money, perhaps she can consider volunteering her time at one of any number of nonprofits. It would give her something to do and give her a chance to give back to her community.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users