3 replies to this topic

#1 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

There is a monster fire burning in the hills between Winters and Vacaville.  It started at 4 pm and at 10 pm is already over 4,000 acres with tons of people and animals evacuated.  This is a bad one. Let's hope it lies down in the night when the wind calms.  Started by a car fire near Monticello Dam at Lake Berryessa.  Smoke was clearly visible from Folsom as a dark brown bank in the northwest.  Its throughout the Sacramento Valley with ash falling in Davis.  If the wind shifts tonight, we may get some of it.  its a very beautiful natural area.  lots of horse and cattle ranches out there.  so horrible to know its burning.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#2 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:06 PM

There is a monster fire burning in the hills between Winters and Vacaville.  It started at 4 pm and at 10 pm is already over 4,000 acres with tons of people and animals evacuated.  This is a bad one. Let's hope it lies down in the night when the wind calms.  Started by a car fire near Monticello Dam at Lake Berryessa.  Smoke was clearly visible from Folsom as a dark brown bank in the northwest.  Its throughout the Sacramento Valley with ash falling in Davis.  If the wind shifts tonight, we may get some of it.  its a very beautiful natural area.  lots of horse and cattle ranches out there.  so horrible to know its burning.

Very sorry to hear this. Winters is one of my favorite getaways. I'm planning on driving through on my way home from Napa on Monday and will stop by, as I always do. Good vibes to you, Winters.

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:53 AM

Heard from them at 10 pm. A big volunteer force with 30 horse trailers came in and evacuated all 100 horses. All are safely out. Now they are waiting to see what happens to the ranch.....that fire exploded. It's at 6000 acres this morning.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#4 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

I hope all factors are in their favor today.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users