Photo
- - - - -

Seen A Recently Damaged Car In Briggs Ranch?

Someone ran into our fence.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rolyn

rolyn

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

We just got back from a trip and found that someone had crashed into our fence, breaking a couple of posts and a gate. We are at the corner of Briggs Ranch and Manseau. It looks like they sped through the intersection, lost control, and hit our fence.

It did damage to the car (they hit the curb fast and there are parts of the lights on the ground). If you've seen a recently damaged car in the area, I'd love to know about it.

One of the neighbors saw a red Karmann Ghia racing around the school parking lot across from us in the past few days. I don't know if it is related or not.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Sorry about your fence. That's not a nice thing to come home to.

You might want to check the crime log on The Folsom Telegraph. There was an arrest on 12/30 for hit and run with property damage, but it doesn't specify an area. Go to the Telegraph website and click on "Local News," and then "Crime."

#3 rolyn

rolyn

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Thanks, Ducky. I checked and the hit and run arrest was based on an old warrant, not something that happened on the 30th.

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thanks, Ducky. I checked and the hit and run arrest was based on an old warrant, not something that happened on the 30th.

Sorry it was a dead-end. I thought it was worth a shot because the police don't know there is possibly a second hit-and-run property damage until it's reported. Even then, unless the car left some debris or some of your fence is still attached to the car, it's hard to prove.

You have my sympathy as you go through the restoration process of your yard. We've had similar experiences over the years and, even with insurance, it's a pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users