#1 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Sienna R estaurant -http://www.siennarestaurants.com/menus-and-cuisine.htm

Imagine my embarrassment when I invited my parents to come try this “new” restaurant only to find out it's been open almost 2 years! I guess I was more out of the loop than I thought. :-)
I went twice over the last few weeks and thought I'd share my experiences.

Rating:
1 Star - terrible
2 Stars - okay
3 Stars - very nice
4 Stars - excellent

Food – 2.5 stars
For lunch I had the French dip which was delicious! The bread held up to the sauce well, though I couldn't dip it all that well because the dipping bowl was pretty small. The beef was tender and tasty, with excellent fries! I was celebrating so I had sparkling wine which was delicious! It was a Spanish Pinot Noir called Elyssia (SP?) and absolutely delicious. My friend had the mahi mahi tacos (2, served crunchy) and she really liked them too, but would have preferred a better side than just tortilla chips.

For dinner we all had something different.
  • Mahi Mahi tacos again, this time grilled (“Fish was good, tortillas were weird”)
  • Skirt steak (“Meat was chewy, potatoes were tasty.”),
  • Kobe burger (“Absolutely delicious!”) and
  • Portabella mushroom "No finesse"

We all liked our meals except the mushroom. She said it was nothing more than a big dollop of goat's cheese in the 'shroom. I think she was hoping for maybe some sort of ragout with a hint of cheese or something more substantial as the filling. The server immediately took it off our bill and gave our feedback to the chef.
Overall the food is closer to 3 stars, but it's not quite there yet.

Service - 4 stars
Excellent!!! Both times our servers were prompt, friendly and professional. Not too perky, read the table well for timing. Sometimes at dinner he was a bit slow, but it was a packed night.

Ambiance - 4 stars
I love the feeling in this restaurant – I want to mimic the decor for my house! Really nicely done in an understated way with great fall colors. There are lots of fun areas to dine/drink in including a huge bar area, outside patio and a glass-enclosed “fishbowl” dining room that you can see and be seen, but not have to hear the noise of the restaurant. They also have a Chefs table that is in the kitchen and seats 10. They have a special menu that the chef prepares and serves. That looks really fun.

Overall Experience
I love this restaurant, even though the food is just okay. I will be back!

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for the thorough review! Moving to the EDH Restaurant forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users