51 replies to this topic

#46 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

Brady appeals...I hope he's ready for the backlash...

http://www.bostonglo...HkOO/story.html

#47 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

Backlash? I betcha he wins the appeal and doesn't miss a game.

#48 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

The reason this is different from a "hold" or other rule infraction is that it affects the perceived integrity of the game. Period. As for the few who are so blinded by loyalty they can see no malfeasance, I don't know what to say. I have no dog in this hunt and it seems blatantly obvious Brady was instructing his equip managers to manipulate the balls. Brady will get his arse handed to him if he appeals, as the equip managers are taking the fall and have nothing left to lose by coming out now. Unless, of course, they have already been told they will be "taken care of" if they keep quiet.

Either way. Brady's going to the Hall of Fame...but his accomplishments will definitely be overshadowed by this.

Look for the commish to knock the suspension down to 2 games. I feel worse for the team, as it seems they were totally unaware this was going on...well, at least there is no evidence. 1 million is chump change, but the draft picks could hurt.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#49 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

can a draft pick refuse? because that would set the whole organization on its ears.

#50 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

The reason this is different from a "hold" or other rule infraction is that it affects the perceived integrity of the game. Period. As for the few who are so blinded by loyalty they can see no malfeasance, I don't know what to say. I have no dog in this hunt and it seems blatantly obvious Brady was instructing his equip managers to manipulate the balls. Brady will get his arse handed to him if he appeals, as the equip managers are taking the fall and have nothing left to lose by coming out now. Unless, of course, they have already been told they will be "taken care of" if they keep quiet.

Either way. Brady's going to the Hall of Fame...but his accomplishments will definitely be overshadowed by this.

Look for the commish to knock the suspension down to 2 games. I feel worse for the team, as it seems they were totally unaware this was going on...well, at least there is no evidence. 1 million is chump change, but the draft picks could hurt.

Perceived integrity of the game???  Hell 99.9% of the population weren't even aware there was a league minimum PSI before this all went down. 

Its laughable how this gets more attention than the wife beaters, drug dealers and murderers in the league. 

#51 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

actually, i am paying more attention to this because it is, thankfully, about the game-and not off field drama that should be dealt with off field

#52 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

Perceived integrity of the game???  Hell 99.9% of the population weren't even aware there was a league minimum PSI before this all went down. 

Its laughable how this gets more attention than the wife beaters, drug dealers and murderers in the league. 

Yes perceived integrity of the game! No point watching anymore NFL if cheating is going to be allowed because you know, it's everyone's idol Brady doing it so it's ok. NOT.  Screw the NFL if they allowed cheating.

Now if you want to discuss wife beaters, drug dealers etc, it's not exclusive to the NFL.  It's in MLB, MLH, NBA, GOLF and more.

However those criminals aren't manipulating the game like cheaters do so it's a completely different discussion.

Svzr2FS.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users