7 replies to this topic

#1 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

We have found a tabby cat up in our tree who is too scared to come down.  We have tried to coax it down, but no luck.  We have dogs, who use a dog door, but we closed it and made sure they stayed inside so as not to scare the cat.  After many hours, the cat is still in the tree, maybe 15-20 feet up. My husband tried to approach it, but it hisses and starts to climb even higher.  

The cat looks well cared for, as it has a collar and a name tag, but we can't get close enough.  Like I said, it is a Tabby cat, blue collar. We live in the Talus Ridge part of Broadstone, close to Costco, if you know anyone missing a cat in this area.  Now we're going on at least seven hours that this poor kitty has been stuck up there.

Any suggestions?

#2 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

I have heard of firefighters helping out cats in trees, not sure if they do in Folsom

#3 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Open a can of tuna.

I still yet have never found a cat skeleton in a tree.

#4 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

After a cold night, the kitty was still up in the tree this morning.  I spoke with Cindy from Animal Services, and she posted it on the city website plus made some phone calls to houses on other streets near our house.  Bingo!  We had a happy owner come by, climb the ladder and the tree, and the kitty came to him immediately.  I'm so happy the cat (who the owner said is an indoor cat and never before climbed a tree) was reunited with the family.

Kudos to Cindy Walden, as she went out of her way.

#5 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

Great!

#6 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for providing an update. I'm glad there is a happy ending!!!

After a cold night, the kitty was still up in the tree this morning.  I spoke with Cindy from Animal Services, and she posted it on the city website plus made some phone calls to houses on other streets near our house.  Bingo!  We had a happy owner come by, climb the ladder and the tree, and the kitty came to him immediately.  I'm so happy the cat (who the owner said is an indoor cat and never before climbed a tree) was reunited with the family.

Kudos to Cindy Walden, as she went out of her way.

#7 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

Best line ever!

I still yet have never found a cat skeleton in a tree.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#8 (RodneyE)

(RodneyE)
  • Visitors

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:30 PM

I am glad that it had a happy ending, the cat will be careful not to have any more adventures for a long time :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users