Photo

Troll News On Climate Change - Vol. 1

climate change global warming sea level rise solar power tidal flooding military impact military bases

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:06 PM

wow, 1.5 inch rise in 20 years?  its really actually huge.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#17 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

I thought polar bears were supposed to be extinct by now? Didn't Al Gore guarantee that?

globalwarming.gif

#18 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:30 PM

Has anyone here actually ever been to Florida? The entire state is either at or below sea level. They dig holding ponds and trenches along every freeway. Flooding? Duh!

#19 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

Not really. Pretty consistent with the typical 1.8mm a year that has been going on for thousands of years. That is an estimate of course as the actual number could be anywhere from 0.8mm to 3.0 mm. We just don't have enough good data. AND warmists tend to "adjust" the data about 0.3 mm a year to factor in continental rebound (which only actually  occurs where land near the ocean was glaciated)

Crustal uplift and  subsidence, land settling due to development, soil erosion, wind forces, large scale ocean current changes, tectonic forces, etc can all alter the relative and actual ocean measurement. As the oceans warm, there is a slight thermal expansion.  Now, show me the model that accounts for all of these variables...the problem is that the raw data is an "average" over very large surface areas and very long time frames. Now take that raw data and CORRECTLY adjust for each of those variables. It can't be done as all of those variables are "best guess." That leaves a huge margin for error (hence the 0.8-3.0mm "guess". 

There is nothing unusual about the rising sea level. It has been higher, and recently (20k years ago) was much, much lower (nearly 400 feet lower)...which averages out to about a foot every 50 years, which is about where we are now)

All I can say is meh.  The Earth will do what it will, with or without our input. COntinents change, solar cycles vary, magnetic poles switch, orbits alter, mountains rise and fall...and eventually, the sun will expand, and the Earth will become a burned out cinder. Man is but an insignificant detour on the planetary evolution.

Perhaps in the near future, 500 years from now or so, the scuba divers of that time will dive the submerged coastal cities like they do now in the Mediterranean.  Or perhaps the next ice age will have begun by then. It may already be starting as the North Atlantic has shown a significant drop in surface temperature.  clip_image0027.jpg

Enjoy the mild climate while you can.

Sea_level_temp_140ky.gif

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#20 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:00 PM

The entire global warming thing is a TOTAL FRAUD perpetrated by:

1) Leftist politicians who want more power and control over us.
2) The dishonest and corrupt "scientists" who are *bribed* by the power-hungry Leftist politicians.
3) The cult-like, "sky is falling", global warming believers/alarmists.

How do I know this? It's simple. All you have to do is *follow the money*, as demonstrated in the illustration below.

Pretty basic, folks. Don't buy into the FRAUD - HOAX - LIE - SCAM of climate change. You're supposed to be an adult and see thru the obvious bull****.

Remember, liars lie. That's who they are. That's what they do.

Settled-Science-600-LA.jpg

#21 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

I have lived in the Arctic before, mostly in Barrow, Kotzebue and Nome. I can tell you that there have been steady changes in warming since 1980 that are causing villages that have been in the same place for centuries to now have to move. Just because you can't see it here doesn't mean it isn't happening. It's real. And it's not going away.

#22 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:26 PM

I have been thinking about this for a long, long time.

Where are the solar powered, sun deflection sheets. Someone could design a large, flat sheet that could defuse the sun.

Someone could control it so it would be between the sun and the earth (ice cap, or whatever). It could be moved

to cover certain areas of the earth. Deflect the sun away.  Save the ice.

It could happen.  Where is it???

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#23 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:43 AM

Why on Earth would you want to cool the planet? Life is much harder when it is cold. Harder on plants, harder on animals, harder on humans. Weather (which is often a product of the potential between warm and cold) is much milder when the poles warm (as is happening now).  So again I must ask, why would you want a colder planet? To save ice? For what?

And 4th gen, yes, the planet is warming. I'm sure if you were there prior to 1980, you would have noticed it warming say from 1930-1950 as well. Nothing "odd" abour that. Tribes move. Nothing odd about that either. It's only been in the last few thousand years that man has established fixed cities to live. What is odd, is that man decides on a place and expects the place to remain constant.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#24 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:54 AM

GlobalWarmingScam-AlGorePolarBear.jpg

#25 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:08 AM

Why on Earth would you want to cool the planet? Life is much harder when it is cold. Harder on plants, harder on animals, harder on humans. Weather (which is often a product of the potential between warm and cold) is much milder when the poles warm (as is happening now).  So again I must ask, why would you want a colder planet? To save ice? For what?
And 4th gen, yes, the planet is warming. I'm sure if you were there prior to 1980, you would have noticed it warming say from 1930-1950 as well. Nothing "odd" abour that. Tribes move. Nothing odd about that either. It's only been in the last few thousand years that man has established fixed cities to live. What is odd, is that man decides on a place and expects the place to remain constant.

Your view is very philosophical that everything changes. Yes, everything changes. But in the wake of that change we are going to see mass extinction, horrible suffering and devastation as the ecological balance shifts suddenly. Closer to home, I am hugely saddened to see our forests and collapsing, our ocean kelp forests disappearing and marine mammals starving. It's easy for us to feel insulated from what is happening as we sit in our comfortable suburbs in our air conditioned houses eating food from our well stocked grocery stores But, one day, it will effect us too.

I don't sit wringing my hands over climate change. Like everyone else, I have to go about my day to day life and I enjoy it. But I also don't pretend that something big isn't happening and i do everything in my control to try and help. Can I make a difference? probably not. Probably as much as a grain of sand on a beach. But I feel better knowing I try.

#26 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:32 AM

And of course a "close cousin" of the *climate change scam* is the *green energy scam*. Does the name SOLYNDRA ring a bell?

And if you don't know how the *green energy scam* works, just see the illustration below.

And these scams happen under Democrat/criminal administrations. What a shocking coincidence!!

global-warming-lies-heating-up.jpg

#27 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

there is no doubt there are unscrupulous people and politicians trying to take advantage of what is happening.  that doesn't mean it isn't happening though.  

#28 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

Maybe it's NOT happening, 4thGen. Don't be fooled. Weather has never been static.

It ebbs and flows.  :shades: 

bwahahah.jpg

#29 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

2 Aces, I really really really hope you are right.

#30 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:44 PM

Come on guys!  We've ruined one planet.  We need to do something before we ruin ours.

NASA Climate Modeling Suggests Venus May Have Been Habitable

http://www.nasa.gov/...-been-habitable

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: climate change, global warming, sea level rise, solar power, tidal flooding, military impact, military bases

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users