- - - - -

2 Dead in 3-Car Accident 1/7/2012

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

It is absolutely more safe to be as far from that center lane as possible!

Unless you are on the freeway.

I once saw in the news where a car hit the two foot cement divider on the freeway, and flew over to the other side and hit several cars in the outside lane. Man, was THAT nasty!

Is this what you are talking about?

My take on it is, the slower you drive, the more control you have over the vehicle. But I see far too many in this town, speeding down the streets.

We seem to have a College Town attitude here with many younger drivers drinking and driving and our own Old Sac Party Central, except it's Old Folsom.

Ever go down to old Folsom on a Saturday night? It's wild down there!!! People from other communities come to party in Old Folsom because that's where the action is and the bars, side by side.

We are the "Party Town" baby! I don't think any other community has the set up we do to party, except of course, Old Sac.

#77 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

There is an article in the Sac Bee today about the two brothers that were killed and their friend that was also in the car. Very sad.

#78 FolsomEJ

FolsomEJ

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

http://www.sacbee.co...rs-died-as.html

#79 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

http://blogs.sacbee....ths-of-two.html

The driver pled no contest.

He is expected to get 9 years and 8 months for killing two human beings and hurting another.

Sadly, I don't see a positive for this, for anyone involved.

#80 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

http://blogs.sacbee....ths-of-two.html

The driver pled no contest.

He is expected to get 9 years and 8 months for killing two human beings and hurting another.

Sadly, I don't see a positive for this, for anyone involved.

I see something very positive. He won't be on the roads killing others while he is locked away.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#81 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

So maybe he'll do half of that.......plus time already served......4 years tops? That's messed up. Killed two people and does 2 years for each of them? Plea bargains are stupid.

#82 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

So maybe he'll do half of that.......plus time already served......4 years tops? That's messed up. Killed two people and does 2 years for each of them? Plea bargains are stupid.

You know, in order to get the Gi bill a person has to agree to sign a minimum of a 3 year enlistment contract, these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users