14 replies to this topic

#1 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

Have any of you had the speech about meat, eggs and sea food while you had your yearly checkup?

I now am thinking doctors are listening to the liberal left about the climate change crap.

Eating a "Plant Based Diet" is what I and my husband are hearing from our doctors. "Plant Based"????

Sound familiar??? Yeah, we shouldn't have cows, pigs or chickens because we should clean up the planet

and just eat plants. BS!!!

All this from the doctors who want to put everybody on statin drugs to lower their so called high cholesterol.

Cholesterol doesn't have anything to do with heart health. That theory was just hyped to increase the sales of statin drugs; which by the way can cause some very bad side effects. But don't worry, the doctor can give you another drug to deal with those. More BS!!!!

I'm all for eating more fruits and veggies, but only the organic kind. But I'm not giving up chicken and will eat beef at least once a week. The worst foods are sugar, fried foods and alcohol. Smoking is still the biggest killer though. If you smoke, quit. I hear lung cancer is a horrible way to die.

Darn doctors!!!!!  :grrr:

End of rant.....

#2 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

I tell them I have lots of guns and I have no plans of killing myself or anybody else.....!  That I love life and other peoples lives too...!   And that I believe in the Constitution and that I find this line of questioning intrusive and insulting...  But that I do understand they are required to do so....  By government....

Then I ask them why I can buy weed freely but I have to get an ID check to buy ammo....?

Then I ask them why I could not give my at the time 14 year old daughter two Tylenol to take at lunch but two perfect strangers to me could take her from school, take her to planned parenthood, perform an abortion on her unborn child, then return her to school without my knowledge.....?  To this day I find this very disturbing and in violation of my parental rights....!  

This usually ends the conversation and we move on to my enlarged Prostate, my slightly elevated PSA levels, and my BP numbers which are all good as long as I take this little pill every morning.     Chris  

Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:46 PM

Grilled cheeseburgers yesterday and some giant Nathans hotdogs today. Maybe the relish on my hotdog was plant based.. or the lettuce on my huge cheeseburger? Many "Drs" these days are unqualified frauds. Be wise to remember that. And certain nationalities posing as MDs is also a factor and a big problem, as is widely reported. Beware !!

#4 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

Oh, now the medical profession is conspiring against you!

Can you spell P-A-R-A-N-O-I-A  ??

Dangerous slope you are on.

Soon the Feds will be jumping over your back fence.

Oh, yeah, and they're adding drugs to the water supply!  :lmaosmiley:

Get help man!

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:00 PM

I have found the doctors mandates about questions to be very rude. I DO NOT appreciate being treated like a child abuser for the many ER visits I had with my children when they were growing up. I also didn't appreciate the gun lectures, especially when I was far more educated on them then the doctor spouting rote speeches. Very quick to want to dispense meds as well...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

Unfortunately, many today are taking meds that will do them more harm than good. The drug side effects don't tell the whole story. One must research their drugs on-line to really be informed.

My BP goes way up just visiting a doctor.

I feel I will have a fight every time I go in because they want to give me 99 tests and medications.

Then I get to pay a whopping co-pay for the pleasure!  :angry:

#7 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:02 AM

Think that's bad?

Latest from the Mormon Church:

--> Ban green tea, vaping, and any drinks ending in '-ccino.'           :noyoudint:

LDS Church clarifies 'Word of Wisdom' on vaping, green tea, coffee, marijuana, opioids

https://kutv.com/new...rijuana-opioids

The "Word of Wisdom," which one must abide by in order to go to the temple, prevents members from using or consuming alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, coffee, tea, and "harmful substances."

:drink:              :drunk2: 

#8 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:25 AM

Generally, don't Mormons decline to drink any caffeinated drinks? So  isn't this pretty much a non story?  As an aside, I pretty much gave up caffeine for about 2 years, and I can say that generally, I felt more energetic overall.  Unfortunately, I have been hitting the tea again, and I notice that I am a bit more sluggish on days without, and occasionally get the evil caffeine headache.  Sugar, alcohol, drugs, caffeine...<sigh>  mans got to have SOME vices....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#9 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

Chocolate is my personal vice. :wub:

One just has to look around to see that Americans abuse their bodies. The rate of drug use and alcohol abuse is worse than it has ever been. Apparently, moderation is just not an option to many people and then they get sick.

My main beef with the medical industry is their constantly pushing drugs. There are so many commercials on TV for medications that it's sickening. It would be different if they didn't have so many side effects and actually worked. In most cases they are as bad or worse as the illness! And then they invent illnesses like high cholesterol and want you take take statin drugs for the rest of your life. Read up on some unbiased research on cholesterol. It does not cause heart attacks like the doctors try to scare you to believe. 

I've lost faith in today's doctors and their medicine.  They are mere puppets of big pharma.

#10 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

Wow!

Something Rose and I can agree on, 100%  !!          

Miracles DO happen!                :cheer:          :wub:

#11 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

Well, the liberals have struck in the medical schools and want up coming doctors to focus on being politically correct, as if they don't have enough to be worried about.

If you have a broken bone, or an infection, what difference does it make if the doctor calls you by your chosen gender identity? What difference does it make what race you are? Doctors look at facts, not what you want to be in your fancy world.

https://www.wsj.com/...uns-11568325291

#12 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:04 PM

Slightly different subject.

A man is convicted of selling cocaine - get 20 years to life in prison.

He perhaps destroyed the life of 1000 people with his drug dealing.

A corporation sells billions on Oxycontin pills destroying MILLIONS of lives and

costing law enforcement billions of dollars.
The CEO stashes $ 1 billion in an overseas account. Gets no jail time.

Fair??                 :huhwhat:

#13 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:43 PM

Ummmm...the people who CHOSE to do the drugs destroyed their lives.

#14 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:39 PM

My experience with doctors has made me think they want to be the authoritarian over you and don't want you thinking for yourself.

I had a gall bladder surgery last year and the before the surgery the doctor said he was going to prescribe a pain killer for me to take home. I told him I'd be fine with Tylenol. He said he was going to write me the prescription anyway, as I'd be having such pain, he was sure I'd need it.

The surgery went fine and I told my husband to skip going to the pharmacy as I didn't want the pain meds. The following days I was absolutely pain free!  I didn't even have to take any Tylenol! Of course the prescription he wrote was for an addictive substance. I would likely had to de-tox myself off of it, had I taken it. Plus, it would have been a complete waste of money.

#15 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:28 PM

Oh! So you're married?!!          :lmaosmiley:

Why am I even speaking with you then?        :joker:

(Bad joke.)