8 replies to this topic

#1 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

I want to change my forum name, but keep all the stats, post links etc. Is this possible? Or would I be required to set up a "new member?"

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

I want to change my forum name, but keep all the stats, post links etc. Is this possible? Or would I be required to set up a "new member?"

There is a way; John changed mine from Resume Lady to Deb B -- keeping everything else intact. :) He can help you out.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

what's the magic word?

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I want to go with 'The Average Joe'. Jbailey just seems so awkward in replies and references...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#5 bookwom

bookwom

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Oh, I'm gonna miss JBailey. I went to Physical Therapy school with a Joe Bailey, and everytime I see your name I think of him.
I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

#6 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

I'll still be around ;) Seems friendlier to go with first names...I tend to like when others on the board eschew anonymity, so I thought I'd do the same (with a little extra poke at myself). I would have used what my long time friends call me, but this is a family friendly board ... hehe.

#7 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:38 AM

I'll still be around ;) Seems friendlier to go with first names...I tend to like when others on the board eschew anonymity, so I thought I'd do the same (with a little extra poke at myself). I would have used what my long time friends call me, but this is a family friendly board ... hehe.

Well, in my book you ain't no average joe. I would rate you much higher than that. it's the average joe's that usually vote the wrong way IMO :lol:
I would rather be Backpacking

#8 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

what's the magic word?

I would like my user name changed to Lord Humpington please

#9 SacDJ

SacDJ