11 replies to this topic

#1 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

Other than Folsom Post Office, Orangevale or San Francisco...Any ideas?

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

Other than Folsom Post Office, Orangevale or San Francisco...Any ideas?

It sounds like you don't like the post office locations, because Rancho Cordova, Fair Oaks, Citrus Heights, etc are also listed.  We went to Orangevale many years ago because it was next to impossible to get an appointment at Folsom PO.

It says the Roseville City Clerk is also a passport acceptance facility, Tues. through Fri. but I'd call ahead to make sure - 774-5263.

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

More info:  Sacramento Public Library:  today's hours 3:00 - 7:30.   They take walk-ins but recommend an appointment.  264-2920.

Sacramento City Clerk, Mon - Fri, 8:00 - 4:30.  Need to schedule an appointment.  808-8092.

#4 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

Thank you Ducky!! We are taking our son to Roseville today after school. I called to confirm they take walk ins. Hopefully he will receive it by the end of March for the trip...

#5 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

Just out of curiosity- Why is it that the Roseville and Sacramento City Clerks perform this task- but not the Folsom City Clerk?

I wonder if they do indeed and it is under utilized or publicized? 

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

Thank you Ducky!! We are taking our son to Roseville today after school. I called to confirm they take walk ins. Hopefully he will receive it by the end of March for the trip...

You are welcome.  I remember waiting anxiously for the passports hoping they would come in time for our trip, too.

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

Ducky have you ever enrolled in STEP? I'm wondering if anyone has any positive or negative experiences with it. 

https://step.state.gov/step/

#8 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

Ducky have you ever enrolled in STEP? I'm wondering if anyone has any positive or negative experiences with it. 

https://step.state.gov/step/

Sorry, I don't have any experience with that.

#9 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

Just curious.... why not use the Folsom Post Office for getting a passport? I got mind done there several years ago, it was fast and quick no problems.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#10 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

Hi~ I wanted to use the Folsom PO, we hate having to do anything out of our bubble, I mean folsom :)  There is only an answering machine that says they will call back in approx. 72 hours. I kept missing their call due to vacuum or driving, when I called right back I had to start the whole 72 hour process call back time again.  I went to the PO 3 times but there was never anyone at the desk, I asked at the regular counter but was told I must call and leave a message. We were running out of time since the trip is coming up.   Roseville City Clerk was a life saver!!  In/out 10 minutes including photos (8$)

#11 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

I, too, had issues last year trying to get an appointment. Glad to hear all is well. This weekend I send off my expedited paperwork, very glad that I don't have to appear anywhere in person.

#12 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

Yes! The only reason he had to appear in person was due to his age...Thanks again Ducky... Happy Travels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users