• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 prittimaki

prittimaki

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

All this talk about parking is nice, but let's address the real issue of Safety. Have you ever tried to cross Parkway Drive by the bridge, especially during school or commute time? I have a son who attended Oak Chan only several blocks away. Do you think we let him walk by himself? No, for fear of some self-absorbed driver taking him out.

All calls to Folsom P. D. (and they are very responsive and effective) have ended with their claim that the Parkway is private property.

That being the case, the Parkway Association has vicarious liability to ensure traffic on their property is managed properly. I'm sorry, but a radar trailer does not even approach due diligence.

Let us work for a real solution to this issue before the blood of some poor person stains the Association's beloved cc&r's

#2 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

The Parkway is private property???? Huh? So who enforces traffic safety? That sounds like a lot of crap. So what they are saying is they won't come and enforce speeding?? Then who does?

#3 prittimaki

prittimaki

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Jul 3 2007, 08:51 PM) View Post
The Parkway is private property???? Huh? So who enforces traffic safety? That sounds like a lot of crap. So what they are saying is they won't come and enforce speeding?? Then who does?

That's the point. No one.

First, Folsom P. D. is no slouch when it comes to traffic enforcement. They are very willing to enforce traffic laws. I spoke with the Sergeant in charge of traffic and stated Parkway is considered private property, so it's not their fault.

How about this idea. Each one of us can remember that our loved ones and good friends live here. When we are near our homes just take it easy, especially around blind curves. For those who don't think or care, we need some effective enforcement.

#4 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(prittimaki @ Jul 3 2007, 09:26 PM) View Post

First, Folsom P. D. is no slouch when it comes to traffic enforcement. They are very willing to enforce traffic laws. I spoke with the Sergeant in charge of traffic and stated Parkway is considered private property, so it's not their fault.

How about this idea. Each one of us can remember that our loved ones and good friends live here. When we are near our homes just take it easy, especially around blind curves. For those who don't think or care, we need some effective enforcement.

Where do you people get your information????

The streets in the Parkway are public property and subject to traffic enforcement by Folsom Police Department. I don't know what the specifics of your conversation with the "Sergeant" was, but he/you are completely wrong. I worked with the CAPS for FPD and we would call them out there for all types of traffic enforcement (fire hydrant parking, running stop signs, speeding, etc.).

Please call FPD and ask for increased traffic enforcement on the PUBLIC STREETS of the Parkway. It they tell you they won't do it, I'd like the full name of whoever tells you that.

#5 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(prittimaki @ Jul 3 2007, 09:26 PM) View Post

First, Folsom P. D. is no slouch when it comes to traffic enforcement. They are very willing to enforce traffic laws.

If they were very willing to enforce traffic laws then they would have cops out by Folsom High School during the 25mph times. Seems like easy pickin' to me.

#6 jill z

jill z

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Playing practical jokes, laughing, spending time with friends and cooking good food.

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

[quote name='prittimaki' date='Jul 3 2007, 09:26 PM' post='166973']

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... So who was the sergeant that you spoke with? Perhaps the way you described the problem was confusing to the sergeant? All city streets in Folsom are public roadways and Folsom PD can come out to evaluate the problem and take enforcement steps if necessary. Call Folsom PD and ask for the traffic unit. Let them know the roadway areas you are concerned with and the times of day when the problem is the worst. I'd be willing to bet that you will see a motor officer from time to time. They can't stay non-stop on your street but I think they will come by. As a side note, about a week or two ago, I saw a Folsom Motor Officer sitting at Parkway and Blue Ravine and they had their radar gun out.

Life is unsure. Always eat your dessert first!

#7 headshrink

headshrink

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

From what I understand The Parkway was origionally slated for gates, BUT the city wouldn't allow it unless TPW purchased the streets..... from the city (since they are public streets).

#8 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(prittimaki @ Jul 3 2007, 07:11 PM) View Post
All this talk about parking is nice, but let's address the real issue of Safety. Have you ever tried to cross Parkway Drive by the bridge, especially during school or commute time? I have a son who attended Oak Chan only several blocks away. Do you think we let him walk by himself? No, for fear of some self-absorbed driver taking him out.

All calls to Folsom P. D. (and they are very responsive and effective) have ended with their claim that the Parkway is private property.

That being the case, the Parkway Association has vicarious liability to ensure traffic on their property is managed properly. I'm sorry, but a radar trailer does not even approach due diligence.

Let us work for a real solution to this issue before the blood of some poor person stains the Association's beloved cc&r's

I was twice in a bind myself during early morning walk. The curve is such that neither the walker nor the driver can see much. In poor visibility it's even more scary. I have myself found a trail path that does not require me to cross street anywtime during the 45 minutes of morning bliss.

At the same time, while heading out to work one fine day, I got a call and was driving while yapping on my cell. Had to jam at my breaks to avoid running over a jogger. Got a finger - deservedly.

So, it's combination of several factors that makes crossing the street at the bridge on Parkway a dangerous activity....I think the best option wud be to have speed bumps with nicely visible stripes on it - so that motorists will HAVE to slow down no matter what.

#9 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:02 PM

What, No Traffic Cops in the Parkway?! Must be time to set up some start & stop drag race markers. tongue.gif
I would rather be Backpacking

#10 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:43 AM

I have to think our police can go anywhere and whoever said private streets are off limits. you might have talked to a senior citizen volunteer. I know old folks get confused once and a while

motor cops are the last true natural hunters. they can hide better than cars and they get a rush when they swoop out and speed behind the old speeder and turn on the lights.

true hunters also like to go where the most game is located so if they hear the parkway by the bridge is a good hunting zone they will be there. it is also a good zone by iron point and folsom but there the game they catch are not true speeders but lots of time just confused folks who don't understand the lights

#11 ACT

ACT

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

You have a good metaphor here :) I agree they are like hunters here in Folsom.

I have to think our police can go anywhere and whoever said private streets are off limits. you might have talked to a senior citizen volunteer. I know old folks get confused once and a while

motor cops are the last true natural hunters. they can hide better than cars and they get a rush when they swoop out and speed behind the old speeder and turn on the lights.

true hunters also like to go where the most game is located so if they hear the parkway by the bridge is a good hunting zone they will be there. it is also a good zone by iron point and folsom but there the game they catch are not true speeders but lots of time just confused folks who don't understand the lights

#12 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

Two motor coppers stopped a few speeding cars on Empire Ranch rd. the other night. Haven't seen them there much before.

#13 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

Go go FPD! :)

Including me, don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine. I'm all for traffic safety enforcement if it helps avoid tragedies like what was on the news last night (and too very often).

Chances are, even if one could rationalize a 'bad' ticket, it's probably karma since we all probably have a ticket coming for when we weren't rightfully caught. It's a good reminder to keep it safe out there.

#14 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

<!--quoteo(post=166973:date=Jul 3 2007, 09:26 PM:name=prittimaki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prittimaki @ Jul 3 2007, 09:26 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's the point. No one.

First, Folsom P. D. is no slouch when it comes to traffic enforcement. They are very willing to enforce traffic laws.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If they were very willing to enforce traffic laws then they would have cops out by Folsom High School during the 25mph times. Seems like easy pickin' to me.

Um they do, the motor units are collecting all kinds of funds for the city around Folsom High every morning.

#15 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

I so wish we had a track here in folsom. I would love to just speed my heart out; get it outta my system; then daintily drive on home.

I love speeding.

Not because it is illicit behavior. Not because of the sounds of screeching tires, or the sound of the engine purring magnificently as it performs at 100% capability (well, ok; maybe I do like that part), but because:

I simply love the feeling of the wheel in my hand and total concentration of driving at high speeds with just me and road (and road conditions) to contend with the sheer movement of my car down a road-the challlenge of keeping it between the lines on high rises and low dips, sharp turns, and meandering S courses.

I love driving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users