Photo
- - - - -

The Oscars - Did You Watch? What Did You Think?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

If you weren't such a homophobe you would have known that the underwear stunt was taken from a scene in the movie Birdman, you know - the move that one best picture of the year. You should know since you watched the show to the very end with that hypocrite libtard Sean Penn.

How terribly awful of me, I thought he was doing that to impress his partner and the crowd. And I haven't seen any of those "films" because even the Best Picture isn't worth $10 to me. 

I did, however, feel badly for Michael Keaton, I was rooting for him. Best role he ever played was "Mr. Mom" and he should get an award for that alone.

#17 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

Ive never appreciated the oscars. 

I think the box office numbers after the first week opening is a better tell tale of a good flick

#18 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

Since only a few million of the 37 million people watching the awards actually saw Birdman, how were the majority of the audience supposed to interpret the stunt?

It was a poorly conceived and executed attempt at humor that only a small percentage of the country had the potential to understand. Broke the first rule of entertainment...know your audience.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#19 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Since only a few million of the 37 million people watching the awards actually saw Birdman, how were the majority of the audience supposed to interpret the stunt?

It was a poorly conceived and executed attempt at humor that only a small percentage of the country had the potential to understand. Broke the first rule of entertainment...know your audience.

Any interpretation is better then nomad's calling him a homo and stating he thought he was doing that to impress his partner and the crowd.  That's just being a homophobe and nothing more. 

I didn't see Birdman nor watch the Oscars but I found out why he did that instead of jumping to homophobic conclusions.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#20 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

lol

#21 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:27 PM

"Oscars".  A bunch of overpaid, wealthy entertainers, patting each other on the back and giving each other awards that are meaningless in the real world.  Sorry but I didn't watch and won't watch that silly crap.

#22 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:51 AM

I enjoy the oscars for the fashions and seeing the current face of one of our more influential media, film. It's a way of tracking how it changes over time. I don't expect to be entertained that much. I think NPH was pleasant, but didn't hit the mark. People wanted to like him, but there were too many pauses from the audience after the punch line. And I have enjoyed previous in memorium segments more when they used actual photographs rather than quasi drawings. Lady Gaga crushed it, so brava for her. Was Clint Eastwood up for an Oscar? I haven't seen him at one of those things for years. And I hope his current girlfriend brings him some happiness.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users