7 replies to this topic

#1 kanda

kanda

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

There's a leak somewhere that's causing flooding on the Humbug Creek trail, near the stairs that climb up to that platform "park". The exact Google Earth coordinates are:

38°40'53.64"N, 121° 6'56.66"W

Does anyone know who to call on a Sunday morning to get someone out to stop it? It's a slow leak, probably only about 5 GPM, but that still adds up to a lot of water that is being completely wasted.

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

Since it's a slow leak, I'd try emailing waterconservation@folsom.ca.us or try calling 355-7252 and maybe there's instructions for reporting after hours.  If it were a gusher, I'd say to call the non-emergency line of the PD and they can contact whoever is supposed to handle emergencies.

#3 kanda

kanda

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

Great information -- thank you! I will do both suggestions asap.

#4 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

I would call the fire department on a weekend.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#5 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

I would call the fire department on a weekend.

That would probably work as well, but this is from the city's Website:

Q. "Who should I contact if I see a leak in a street or on public property?"

A. "During working hours call the Water Division at 351-3361.  For after-hours emergencies call the Police non-emergency number 355-7231."

Kanda, do you know if the leak got fixed?

#6 kanda

kanda

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

I just got back about an hour ago from there, and was happy to see that the leak had been fixed. There's still some wet ground around, but the bike path is dry.

I didn't get a reply back from my email, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it getting fixed or not.

I did see that notice on their website, but didn't feel it was serious enough to qualify as an emergency. Anyway, glad that it's fixed.

Thanks again.

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

I just got back about an hour ago from there, and was happy to see that the leak had been fixed. There's still some wet ground around, but the bike path is dry.

I didn't get a reply back from my email, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it getting fixed or not.

I did see that notice on their website, but didn't feel it was serious enough to qualify as an emergency. Anyway, glad that it's fixed.

Thanks again.

What's important is the leak is fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

#8 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

There's a leak somewhere that's causing flooding on the Humbug Creek trail, near the stairs that climb up to that platform "park". The exact Google Earth coordinates are:

38°40'53.64"N, 121° 6'56.66"W

Does anyone know who to call on a Sunday morning to get someone out to stop it? It's a slow leak, probably only about 5 GPM, but that still adds up to a lot of water that is being completely wasted.

Almost all "leaks" we have encountered along trails in Folsom have been raw sewage "leaks".

They are called SSOs  Sanitary Sewer Overflow.    Small, large, or in between.    They can come from a manhole, or from the ground where a pipe cannot contain the raw sewage.   Even if the smell is not offensive, suspect a spill.   Please be aware the city has bolted shut most of the manhole covers near streams, rivers, or places where too much sewage is overwhelming the old pipes.   The sewer contents may be the cause of any "leak."   Please report.    If it were actually a clean water leak, clean water would shoot right up into the air because water is delivered under high pressure.

Call immediately to CA Office of Emergency Services and tell them the location of the liquid.

Here's the #:

(916) 845-8510

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users