• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 D-mama

D-mama

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

We are consider KinderCare for our PreK child. We also have an older and younger child that might be enrolled in the future. Please provider any feedback, positive or negative about KinderCare Lexington Hills. Thank you so much!

We are consider KinderCare for our PreK child. We also have an older and younger child that might be enrolled in the future. Please provider any feedback, positive or negative about KinderCare Lexington Hills. Thank you so much!

Oops, sorry for the typos in the other post! I was in a rush.

I wanted to add that we are new to Folsom. We also looked at Phoenix School in addition to KinderCare, but they wouldn't be able to accomodate our school-age child. Thanks

#2 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

My daughter went to that KinderCare and it was horrendous. She was not preschool, but she was Kindergarten age, so I think it speaks for the facility. The whole experience was awful. She learned nothing, they lost track of her, they were extremely inconsistent with her care, and I doubt they knew her name. There has to be some place else you can go.

It doesn't sound like it will work for you, but if you can make their hours work for you, and put your older kids somewhere else, I HIGHLY recommend Joy of Children Preschool. It's only preschool, but their program is awesome and the staff is very loving. I couldn't ask for a better experience. They were truly amazing. I almost wanted to have more kids just to send them there. :lol:

#3 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Our son goes to Mount Olive preschool. He and we love it. Would recommend you check it out.

#4 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

Kindercare was a joke for me. Every morning I would count the ratio of kids to teachers and it was always over. I had the let the Director know. The assistant director at the time was on a power trip. One time I watched a child run out the front door without any staff seeing it. When I left, because the teacher was horrible, they didn't seem to care

CCLC was great.

#5 kmihelich

kmihelich

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

I also had a bad experience at Kindercare. The Phoenix school near Intel on Williard Dr. will accommodate children from preschool through 8th grade. That might work better for you. My experience there was way better. Good luck!

#6 5hannon

5hannon

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

I'm a big fan of Brighton Schools. Please also give them a look!

#7 Wonder Lindsey

Wonder Lindsey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Living & breathing

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

I know this is way after the fact, but I can't believe how much I'm reading about the Kindercare and I fully agree. Kids started there years ago, 1 child went through preschool & pre-k. I was interested in Kindercare because it seemed so academically advanced and the facility was so nice. I was getting sheets home that stated this child had achieved certain skills, practiced and/or mastered certain academics etc. etc., but when they were tested at school for kindergarten readiness, the teacher informed me this child had none of the skills I had been told they had had. When I noticed my child's behavior deteriorate, I started popping in randomly at Kindercare to see what was really going on during the day and once I found my child and a buddy out on the playground by themselves. At times the teachers were gossipping amongst themselves and ignoring the kids while they squabbled and fought in some pint-size version of Lord of the Flies. Another time my child had snuck into a different room unsupervised and gotten into something dangerous and became very ill. To top it off, they started kindergarten with a huge struggle.

My other child went through Mt. Olive, we HIGHLY recommend it. The first time I drove past it I was put off by physical appearances, it looked like no one was there at all but it was so highly recommended I went in for a tour. The other child came out of the program more than prepared for kindergarten and started school on the right foot, and that can make or break the first years of elementary. Mt. Olive was just a fantastic experience, we loved it, it was such a simple yet effective program I wish my first child went there too. It was years ago and my child still asks to drop by on occassions to see their old preschool teachers, it left that much of an impact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users