• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jonetta

Jonetta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

Is it going to take a car accident to get the City of Rancho Cordova to routinely schedule trimming of the oleanders at McGregor & Coloma and those pink wispy bushes at Truckee River Drive & Coloma? It's impossible to make a right turn on red when you can't see over/through the bushes, much less when the light is green and you can't see oncoming traffic.

Every month like clockwork the street sweeper comes through the hood, so why can't Rancho schedule bush trimming? Maybe the city needs to be slapped with negligence law suit and involuntary manslaughter to wake up.

Here's another example of negligence in the traffic department. The repaving of Coloma Road last year. Oh, this was a good one. After they paved and poured those new very high traffic divider islands between the lanes, they failed to immediately post the proper signage on the islands or temporarily mark them with some type of blinking lights or reflective markers. Low and behold, some poor driver not expecting the new island, I might add it was at night where it couldn't possibly have been seen unless you already knew it was there, attempted to turn into an apartment complex. The car's front tire hit the island and totaled the car. I hope the driver got a settlement from that.

For the most part Rancho has been an ok place to live, but the city's lack of concern for the safety of those traveling its roads is inexcusable. Who's running the traffic department in this town?

#2 irish1

irish1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hi Jonetta... I don't know if R.C. has their own city street maintenance department or not. It's possible they contract with the county for that service. However, going by your post and how you describe the concerns, I would suggest calling Rancho Cordova P.D. - Traffic Enforcement - and ask that they come evaluate the conditions with you, or for you. The P.D. can then prioritize the maintenance of the bushes, and the markings of the road divider as part of their traffic safety responsibilities. Might give that a try...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users