#1 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:38 PM

Did you fly your flag on 06 June....?

I did.  I think I was the only one for blocks, never saw another one put up.  This is what I do to remember those Americans and allies lost on that very important day.

None in my family, they all fought in the Pacific..............    A few of them did not come back, half of them...   One is still out there somewhere in the ocean......   Solomon's....  

Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#2 PeteS

PeteS

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:52 PM

My flag flies every day.  Too bad the pinhead politicians don't drive by and notice.

#3 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:44 PM

My flag flies every day.  Too bad the pinhead politicians don't drive by and notice.

Well thank you for that Pete....!   We do have something in common then.........!  

I salute you for doing so....

I do know a few vets, especially Vietnam vets who want nothing to do with that stuff....   One even told me when he got home he burned all his gear on his front lawn after I asked him what he did with his helmet.....

I did go by the National Cemetery in Dixon a few months ago...   Went to see my wife's uncle.........   He made it back but was never the same.......   He is there now.   Two tours, 1967 and 1968..........   Those were some tough years there as I have read....

Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:18 AM

I fly mine every day. And it is lit at night. I have two direct neighbors that also fly theirs. One every day and one on special occasions.  I have lots of relatives that served from WWII on in all branches; cousins, uncles, and father. Heck, you go in my cousins local VFW and a third to half the wall of photos is related.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:58 PM

I fly mine every day and I fly the British flag on the right side of the garage just a little bit lower than the US flag.

My wife is from Scotland.

I even put up four smaller flags along side of the driveway.

I also have my US Navy flag that I fly on special Navy Days.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#6 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:41 AM

Our thanks, Chris, and all, for the service of your family.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#7 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

Thanks Camay and Tio Vinny....!    Camay, with all those flags, you will be easy to find......!   I will be watching for you...   Your place that is....!   Don't worry, I'll just salute Old Glory as I drive by.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users