37 replies to this topic

#16 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (bettyemahan @ Jan 13 2003, 05:07 PM)
April---and anyone else who is enraged by the abuse of power------

I think if you type in on the address line------Sacramento County Grand Jury---you will be taken to a site which will give you a way to bring up the Grand Jury Complaint Forms-------You could make copies of it and give to anyone you know. I did this recently and have filed a complaint. The more who do it, the more impact it will have. Bob Fish could give you more info and if you have trouble getting the form let me know and I will try again to get the EXACT DIRECTIONS. THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!!

Show me what to do, I and my wife will do it too.

#17 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 11:32 PM

I have been having trouble being able to post a reply but the webmaster has helped me so here goes----in the http address line, type in Sacramento County Grand Jury"---MSN will come up with some headings--the first one mentions complaint form---go there and you can print as many forms as you like. Pass them out to as many people as you know who are interested!!! THANKS! and GOOD LUCK!

#18 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (bettyemahan @ Jan 13 2003, 11:32 PM)
I have been having trouble being able to post a reply but the webmaster has helped me so here goes----in the http address line, type in Sacramento County Grand Jury"---...............................

here is the URL address:
http://www.sacgrandj...s/complaint.pdf

#19 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Cybertrano!!

Spread the word everyone!

#20 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (bettyemahan @ Jan 13 2003, 11:32 PM)
I have been having trouble being able to post a reply but the webmaster has helped me so here goes----in the http address line, type in Sacramento County Grand Jury"---MSN will come up with some headings--the first one mentions complaint form---go there and you can print as many forms as you like. Pass them out to as many people as you know who are interested!!! THANKS! and GOOD LUCK!

I am assuming many Folsom residents have emails. Let's email them the URL:

http://www.sacgrandj...s/complaint.pdf

......the convenience and effectiveness of Internet communication. It's the fastest way too....... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#21 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:54 PM

...if you send out these emails, don't forget to tell them you found it on MyFolsom.Com!!! angel.gif (blatant plug, but we can use anything we can get!)
MyFolsom.Com Message Board Tip #3
To view all new threads in the last 24 hours, Click on "Today's Active Topics" from the forum index.

#22 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 08:09 PM

Terrific! Will do!!!

#23 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 12:33 PM

There are also a couple of public meetings coming up regarding this -

Wednesday January 22
Sewer & Waste Rate Workshop
7 pm, Community Center

Tuesday January 28
Public Hearing - City Council Mtg
6:30 pm, City Hall Council Chambers

Be there! wink.gif

#24 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 12:20 PM

It won't solve our sewer, trash, utility concerns, but someone ought to look into cuts to the hefty administration costs of our city. The link from myfolsom.com shows that our city manager earns $177,000 per year (for a $36M annual budget). It doesn't show that this exceeds ALL other city worker positions in our area, including the city manager for Sacramento, Roseville, and Elk Grove. It also doesn't show that Folsom's city positions in just about every other category exceed those of other local government officials. For example $155,040 for city attorney, 146,475 for police chief, $138,966 for assistant city manager #1, $131,508 for Fire chief, $120,040 for finance director, $119,120 for public works director, 107,314 for assistant city attorney, two police captains at $84,180-107,232. Even the city clerk earns $82,638. I think one of the high salaries is missing from the business journal's list as the director of parks and recreation is probably up there near the police chief in salary. Keep in mind that this does not include benefits and perq's. It also does not include the possibly continuing buy-out of the former city manager.

Yes, we want to have good city administration. No, I don't think we should pay them top dollar for the entire county abd surrounding area. We do not have the largest population, nor the largest general fund bucket to manage, nor significantly greater concerns and planning requirements than many other local municipalities.

"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#25 jake

jake

Veteran

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 12:43 PM

hear hear! I couldn't agree more!
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
-Yogi Berra

#26 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 03:42 PM

Maybe city officials earn their salaries by keeping Folsom as one of the most solvent city governments in the area. I really don't mind these kinds of salaries if residents are rewarded by having a city government that operates in the black.

Sounds like the green-eyed monster is out there at work......

#27 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 04:35 PM

Terry----The high salaries wouldn't be a "problem" IF THE CITY IS SOLVENT!

If it is, why do they come to us, AFTER THE ELECTION, for a 400% INCREASE FOR THE SEWER/WATER/TRASH SERVICES? ---GET REAL!!!

The doubled population with no compatable expansion in the sewer lines, the fines, the sewer pits, etc. tells it all!

The "green-eyed monster has nothing to do with it!!!

There are people who live in Folsom who exist on minimum wage or low income who provide those above services and many other services, as well as many on limited retirement incomes, etc. who CANNOT afford this outrage!!!!!

Go look at the records of where the public funds have been spent in the last ten years????--------THE DEVELOPERS DON'T LIVE HERE SO THEY WON'T HAVE TO PAY NOW-----BUT WE WILL!!

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif wacko.gif

#28 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 08:29 PM

Betty, Betty, Betty - the city is solvent and wants to maintain its solvency.

Households who qualify as being low-income can apply for assistance with their utility bills - what more do you want? If we all use the services, why shouldn't we all pay for them? Who do you propose pays for these services? The developers? They pay what they're required to pay under law. They are required to go through a process to determine their impacts and pay for their PART of the impacts on existing services.

And Betty, if you'd bother to find out, you'd discover that there are several major developers and many of their employees who live in Folsom.

I can appreciate your opinions, but they seem to be very emotional rather than factual.

#29 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 04:46 PM

I applaud you Terry! When you take off your rose colored glasses let me know why the sewers have not been expanded since 1993, according to the city's recent publication , with the expanded DOUBLE population????

Why are rate payers asked to pay a whopping 400% more at one time???

Just what is it you say developers are required to pay by law?

those who live here, we assume, use the same old sewers and pay the same as everyone else.

Were they required to expand the sewer capacity for all the homes that have been built since 1993? Maybe you had better "bother to find out" just what is FACTUAL!!!!

#30 valdossjoyce

valdossjoyce

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 05:06 PM

ohmy.gif I just heard that the city is losing approximately $500,000 a year on the trash sorting/recyling contract. It seems that while prison labor may be cheap, the 8 or 9 guards watching the sorting process are not. Why are we subsidizing Dept of Corrections? In prior years, I heard this recycling center was a model program that other cities were interested in duplicating. I can't imagine why. If it's cheaper, I'd be happy to do my own recylcing if the city would provide different containers for bottles, paper, etc. That's what all the other cities are doing. Does anybody have any info on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users