37 replies to this topic

#31 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 10:10 AM

I would very much like to know more! I use a shredder just because of stuff going through the prison. Let us know someone! T.S. with the police dept.----can you find out?

#32 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (bettyemahan @ Jan 22 2003, 04:46 PM)
I applaud you Terry! When you take off your rose colored glasses let me know why the sewers have not been expanded since 1993, according to the city's recent publication , with the expanded DOUBLE population????

Why are rate payers asked to pay a whopping 400% more at one time???

Just what is it you say developers are required to pay by law?

those who live here, we assume, use the same old sewers and pay the same as everyone else.

Were they required to expand the sewer capacity for all the homes that have been built since 1993? Maybe you had better "bother to find out" just what is FACTUAL!!!!

Betty - I almost didn't respond to your rantings, and if they continue in the same nonfactual, misrepresentations, this will be my last response to you.

Specifically, the sewers have not been expanded since 1993 because they HAD been expanded throughout the 80s and into the early 90s for the projected population, and to the extend the developers were required to expand them.

Secondly, the population has not doubled since 1993.

Thirdly, rate payers are not being asked to pay a 400% increase at one time. You continue to misrepresent things. The increases are to take place over several years.

Check with your elected officials to find out what the actual requirements are for developers to pay for public services expansion. Or maybe you'd just like to go directly to the grand jury with this complaint?

#33 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 11:34 PM

Again------check the facts! Water Board control hearing 1-31/03.

#34 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 08:45 PM

For those of you who were unable to attend the 1/28 CC meeting which was open to the public from 6:30 'till the end----11:30 (when I left)-----In brief, the sewer, trash. water rate increases was item #9 on the agenda---about 8:30 to 9:00 or so.

The same array of smoke & mirrors charts as at the workshop the week before ---excuses for the 400% increases. On top of that, the news that we are now to have TWO recycle programs---still the one through the prison which loses half a mil a year, but the contract with the state is not so easy to terminate---and one for which trucks, workers and 1 or more containers (for each of us) are being acquired which we are to start paying for NOW, needed or not.

It was announced that rates have not been raised since 1993, but little mention was made, (by their own words), that there has been a TOTAL LACK of improvements SINCE THAT 1993 RATE RAISE!!

Reference was made to "having no increased revenues". All the development since 1993 has brought in no money, it seems!

We heard reference made to how one fund was used to pay for another fund, then another, and another-----WHICH IS BY STATE LAW ILLEGAL, so now they come back to us, the taxpayer SUCKERS!!

The Snake Oil salesmen still have the old fashioned SHELL GAME going big time!!!!

I think Terry asked who was going to pay for the sewers if we didn't------He Is Right!!!! WE ARE, again, & again, and again!!!

HAVE A NICE DAY FOLKS!!!

#35 motherof2

motherof2

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (jake @ Jan 8 2003, 03:34 PM)
not to mention the fact that the city is fortunate enough to benefit from a recycling program... In case you were not aware, Folsom Prison sorts through our trash, picking out cans, glass, etc, and the city gets the profits for these items. I'd be interested in seeing how much the city gets a year from it, and what our trash costs are in comparison to other cities! sad.gif

soapbox.gif

In case you didnt listen to the news at all in the last year...I'll fill you in. The city may end up closing the recycling facility (which is not the prison but a seperate facility), the Dept of Corrections has not been subsidizing the cost to run the facility. The city actually loses money on the facility not makes money.

As for the person who said we should have less fire fighters and police.....I suppose you have never needed an ambulance or known anyone who has.....how would you feel if you child or significant other was having a heart attack...but oh you'll have to wait we dont have anyone avail we weren't able to hire any new fire fighters or paramedics because of people like you.....oh and someone just attacked you well sorry we don't have any officers that can help you...sure hope they dont come back and hurt you........hellloooo I agree that the price hike is not wonderful but get real people our service is cheap compared to El Dorado County and probably some other areas too!!!!!!![FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]

#36 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 11:01 AM

motherof2,
Welcome to our myfolsom.com forum. Glad to have you here with us.

#37 Folsomite

Folsomite

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 12:58 PM

Let's hope that the city shuts down the recylcling facility. If it's not making money, there is no point in doing it.
The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.

Ben Stein

#38 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 12:59 PM

yes and it cost more to the residents.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users