Photo

$20 off at Mcormick and Smiths (downtown)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 energysaver

energysaver

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:35 AM

thought this was worth passing along...(sorry its not in Folsom)
$20 off coupon for a great meal!

http://www.mccormick.......&pageID=259

#2 JMH

JMH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

Thanks I love that place!

#3 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(JMH @ Sep 11 2008, 09:16 PM) View Post
Thanks I love that place!

Ditto! Used to enjoy going to the one down in Irvine when I lived in So Cal

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#4 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:52 AM

Thank you for posting the coupon, energysaver!

Last night, I took my girlfriend there to celebrate her birthday. I've eaten at McCormick & Schmick's 4 times in the past, but this was our first time at the Sac restaurant. They also own a place called Jake's Grill in Portland, which I have visited 3 times (similar menu and atmosphere). The food quality and service have always been excellent and last night was no exception.

My GF had the Macadmia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi. I ordered the Sacramento River Sturgeon, which was cooked with potatoes, bacon, and apples. As per tradition, they offer a free vanilla creme brulee to guests celebrating their birthday. We also ordered the small gourmet ice cream sandwich with a scoop of vanilla bean gelato between two soft-baked chocolate cookies and drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauce. Between our entree, dessert, and sourdough bread, we were both stuffed--no need for appetizers, soup, or salad.

Before the discount, the check was $70, which included a relatively overpriced cosmopolitan ($10), but hey it was her b-day. After the discount, it came to about $54 including tax, not including a ~18% tip, which I calculated prior to the discount. The service from both the hostess and waitress were excellent, and the food and drinks arrived in a timely manner. It was a great meal and enjoyable evening.
--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users