#16 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

It's MEDICAID that is scheduled to be cut.
55 million Americans depend on it. Mostly the elderly in nursing homes and disabled children.

5.6 million in California
So much for the "family values" party!.

Disgustingly greedy and selfish.  :CHARLIEBROWNCLOUD:    :BOO:    :noyoudint: :old:    :noway:

It's amazing than anyone from the GOP would dare show his face in public.

https://www.nytimes....-care-bill.html

Senate Health Care Bill Includes Deep Cuts to Medicaid

The Senate measure, like the House bill, would phase out the extra money that the federal government has provided to states as an incentive to expand eligibility for Medicaid. And like the House bill, it would put the entire Medicaid program on a budget, ending the open-ended entitlement that now exists.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#17 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:07 AM

UnclePedro quoting the NY Times, a publication that has been exposed as partisan liars time and time again?? A publication that is teetering on bankruptcy?? A publication that is widely considered *Fake News*?? You may as well quote some random comic book , because they have the same credibility as the NYT. The NYT is a classic example of why journalism is DEAD in America. Comprende?  :lol:

#18 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

Vinny, the "Affordable Care Act" has cost me $6000 to $8000 more a year in added health care costs.  I did at one time cover five people, now I am down to four as my oldest has "aged" out of the system and now pays $180 a month under "Covered California".   He can't go to the doctor because it does not cover anything, he can't go to the dentist because his dental coverage is worthless, pays essentially nothing.  Now if he gets hit by a Prius in a crosswalk and gets multiple broken bones I think coverage kicks in after he spends $8000 to $12000 dollars, of which he does not have....   So you really have no idea what the rest of us, we, the non retired, non public sector workers, the middle class, pay.  We pay for everybody else and now our coverage sucks, takes another $8000 out of my budget every year that I could be spending in the real economy, a vacation, a down payment on a car, etc.   I suspect you are sitting at home, retired, on some kind of generous government worker retirement and medical insurance that you don't have to pay a dime for and really never had to do so....!   From your view, everything is wonderful, everything is payed for, and you retired in your mid 50's from your state job.  You'll make your $5000 to $6000 every month and life is good (as long as Calpers stays afloat).   I really don't think you have any skin in this game so you are very willing to spend the money of others, others who are your age or older than you and still working in the private economy, the real economy.  This is the reality many of us live in my friend, pay attention.  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#19 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:35 AM

he Senate measure, like the House bill, would phase out the extra money that the federal government has provided to states as an incentive to expand eligibility for Medicaid. And like the House bill, it would put the entire Medicaid program on a budget, ending the open-ended entitlement that now exists.

EXCELLENT! Open ended spending is a recipe for disaster that ONLY the government thinks is a good idea.  A budget. What a radical thought....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#20 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

Spin it any  way you like.

The bottom line is . . . (drum roll)

The GOP Senate bill throws grandma under the bus.

:old:   :shoot:

Two thirds of all the elderly in nursing homes depend on Medicaid, and this bill slashes Medicaid.
So much so that many GOP Senators have vowed to vote against it.
Mitch McConnell tried to push it through with little debate.

22 million fewer UNINSURED!  :cuss2:  Guess how they are going to vote next election.

Again, I ask, How can any Republican even show his face in the middle of this debate?  :BOO:

Unrelated question: How much is the military budget?
Why is it they get everything they want and Turnip wants to increase their budget by 10%??

Yeah, "Family Values" - - what a joke!

#21 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

Because your idol Obama decimated our military. And quit lying about Medicaid. You are a dishonest drama queen. If all you do is rely on the MSM, then you're ignorant. Go away, troll.

And BTW, Trump won 8 months ago. You still crying? You can't let it go? Are you a child?

#22 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

Wellllll, you could have another 200 billion to spend if it wasn't paying interest on debt.  Not principal, just interest. 

ANd medicare/health spending is nearly quadruple military spending so... Social security and medical are what is bankrupting the nation. They account for 61% of the budget (87% of mandatory spending) or 2.33 trillion dollars. Military accounts for 16% ( 58% of discretionary spending)  or about 600 billion.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#23 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

Wellllll, you could have another 200 billion to spend if it wasn't paying interest on debt.  Not principal, just interest. 

ANd medicare/health spending is nearly quadruple military spending so... Social security and medical are what is bankrupting the nation. They account for 61% of the budget (87% of mandatory spending) or 2.33 trillion dollars. Military accounts for 16% ( 58% of discretionary spending)  or about 600 billion.

Quick points:

1) Yes, a tremendous amount of resources goes to fund medicare and medicaid.  But cost control doesn't seem to be part of the lexicon.  Elimination appears to be the desired strategy.

2) I believe social security is solvent until 2035, or something like that.  In fact, congress is borrowing from Social Security (using it as a slush fund) to finance other programs.  I don't think they pay interest on those loans either.

3) Military funding is flushed down the toilet regularly to fund projects the military doesn't even want.  Congress continues to order Abrams tanks that are then shipped directly to a storage area in northern Calif.  The Army and Marines currently have over 9000 tanks they don't use, have no drivers for, and don't want.  http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/01/28/pentagon-tells-congress-to-stop-buying-equipment-it-doesnt-need.html 

My grandmother's favorite saying - "Waste not, want not"   Maybe we can exhume her and run her for congress.

#24 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

Those of you wishing for MORE government healthcare should really stop and ponder what is going on at the VA

This story is infuriating:

http://www.foxnews.c...p-steps-in.html

#25 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:21 PM

Well, let's see.  Survey Says! . . .

Only 17% of Americans approve of the Turnip Healthcare plan.   

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/28/534612954/just-17-percent-of-americans-approve-of-republican-senate-health-care-bill

Turnip3

#26 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:25 PM

Total lie. It's not even finalized yet, but the vast majority of Americans agree that ANYTHING will be better for Americans than ObamaCare. All intelligent people realize this simple fact.

Oh, and quoting NPR is beyond stupid. :lol:

#27 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

Only 5% of Americans have even a smidge of a clue of what is in the bill so...meh.

#28 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:01 PM

What would your solution be Vin? Ocare is failing, as it was designed to. Millions are being hurt because of the empty promises of Obamacare. 12000 dollar deductable? Check. 12000 a year premiums? Check. Access to a doctor....um... 

If it were up to me, I would model a new system on the one used in Singapore  https://en.wikipedia...re_in_Singapore

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Senate, Health care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users