#31 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Dec 24 2008, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the darth contingency has chimed in and once again added no value to the topic. Do you two ever stop the sarcastic snipes at people?

No, Darth Lefty is the good one. The other Darth, not so much.

#32 wellwishing

wellwishing

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

Well, I got the new putter up and running.

Man, it's smooth as silk, and fast like lightening!

The 22" monitor is awesome! Now I'm glad my old putter had a bad hard drive! biggrin.gif

It's just amazing that seven years ago I paid twice as much money for half the power and memory I have in this new computer.

Makes one wonder how things will be ten years from now. What an amazing time to be alive!
"The old village well is just a curiosity - something to attract tourists attracted by stories of lost treasure, or visitors just making a wish. Unless something alien and terrifying could be lurking inside the well. Something utterly monstrous that causes nothing but death and destruction.
But who knows the real truth about the well? Who wishes to unleash the hideous forces it contains? What terrible consequences will follow the search for a legendary treasure hidden at the bottom?
No one wants to believe the Doctor's warnings about the deadly horror lying in wait - but soon they'll wish they had..."

#33 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

wellwishing - after a week, report back as to how you like Vista. It could be a local version of MS's "Mojave" commercial.

Vista pre SP1 had many problems in stability, performance and compatibility issues with older software and drivers. Vista SP1 is very stable, performs well and has many useful features that make PC life easier. When something goes wrong, its suggestions to resolve the issue have reduced the number of family tech support calls. Overall, I believe Vista gets a bad rap because it does really well on new systems with 2+ GB RAM and a current proc.

#34 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (wellwishing @ Dec 28 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I got the new putter up and running.

Man, it's smooth as silk, and fast like lightening!

The 22" monitor is awesome! Now I'm glad my old putter had a bad hard drive! biggrin.gif

It's just amazing that seven years ago I paid twice as much money for half the power and memory I have in this new computer.

Makes one wonder how things will be ten years from now. What an amazing time to be alive!

Glad to hear you found a happy solution.
I would rather be Backpacking

#35 wellwishing

wellwishing

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (eVader @ Dec 28 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wellwishing - after a week, report back as to how you like Vista. It could be a local version of MS's "Mojave" commercial.

Vista pre SP1 had many problems in stability, performance and compatibility issues with older software and drivers. Vista SP1 is very stable, performs well and has many useful features that make PC life easier. When something goes wrong, its suggestions to resolve the issue have reduced the number of family tech support calls. Overall, I believe Vista gets a bad rap because it does really well on new systems with 2+ GB RAM and a current proc.

This new system has 3GB and a Dual Core Processor. Plus, I DO have the SP1 version of Vista. The sales person said it would pull a lot of memory, but I think he was hoping to lead me into a much more expensive system.

Right now I'm happy as a clam! wub.gif

Thanks for the input. I don't follow the latest on the new computers so it helps to have more information.

"The old village well is just a curiosity - something to attract tourists attracted by stories of lost treasure, or visitors just making a wish. Unless something alien and terrifying could be lurking inside the well. Something utterly monstrous that causes nothing but death and destruction.
But who knows the real truth about the well? Who wishes to unleash the hideous forces it contains? What terrible consequences will follow the search for a legendary treasure hidden at the bottom?
No one wants to believe the Doctor's warnings about the deadly horror lying in wait - but soon they'll wish they had..."

#36 wellwishing

wellwishing

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Dec 28 2008, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear you found a happy solution.

Thanks!

The best part of my purchase was the price. I thought I may be looking at another thousand bucks to spend, then I saw the sale at Fry's in Friday's paper. I almost fell out of my chair!

I guess there is an upside to our bad economy. My wife is looking at me, she is just shaking her head. Says she wants one now. huh.gif

"Honey, can you bring me another cup of coffee?" hee, hee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users