46 replies to this topic

#46 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Actually Oak Hills church is very involved in the community and some members volunteer to do just that... They help older community members with tasks around the house.
A mommy and me group is a good idea! : )

I have also heard about the teen center in the sports complex, that might be a good outlet or gathering place for teens. We are not at the teenage years just yet though...Thank goodness! Don't know if I am ready for that ;)

Wen I was in jr high there was a community service requirement for all of us. I volnteered at a nursing home. It was a long time ago, but I remember being really uncomfortable and not liking it. It definitely was not somthing I would have chosen to do on my own. I am SO GLAD I did it. I think it instilled in me some really good values, taught me to be kind to others who weren't "as sharp" as they used to be, got me more comfortable with the process of aging, and just all around taught me about giving back. Such a good experience.

Do schools still have that requirement?

#47 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Umm, yes, this is the 'burbs.

A typo... I meant to write this is not about us in the burbs.. this is about piss poor freeway planning...And sisnce this is the burbs---there should as heck should be 1 hour and 20 minutes to get from FA and Glenn to j street in the evenings,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users